Chinese tires for trucks

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anybody running them and having good luck with them? Lots of them for sale right now for about 1/2 the price of a set of similar name brand tires.

Thoughts and experiences? Some of the names I have heard are atturo, hercules, gladiator, crocodile. etc

Thanks

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anybody running them and having good luck with them? Lots of them for sale right now for about 1/2 the price of a set of similar name brand tires.

Thoughts and experiences? Some of the names I have heard are atturo, hercules, gladiator, crocodile. etc

Thanks
Rubber compound is generally poor, very hard and slippery for the most part, lousy in the winter and slick while braking in wet conditions. I dont have any ideas of how many different factories they have, but it seems like you see the same tread design with about 100 different names, some you can even pronounce.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
years ago I bought a set of "Sumitomo" tires for my explorer from Ric @ Sherwood Park Service, they were a semi aggressive tire, and I ran them for 80,000km before I had to change them out, they were an "off brand" tire and were decent.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 guys at work are running them the sumoto ones are junk but another guy loves his atturos says they last better than his Toyos. So I think there is lots of variables.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife has Hercules tires on her half ton. They are just a AT tire but seem to grip really good in winter. But I don't think they are going to be a high miler tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
years ago I bought a set of "Sumitomo" tires for my explorer from Ric @ Sherwood Park Service, they were a semi aggressive tire, and I ran them for 80,000km before I had to change them out, they were an "off brand" tire and were decent.
sumitomo are japanese, and have been around for years. they make a good tire, my dad ran them on an old 1975 GM 3/4 ton. I remember it well because when I was 16 I used to burn them off every chance I got lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
sumitomo are japanese, and have been around for years. they make a good tire, my dad ran them on an old 1975 GM 3/4 ton. I remember it well because when I was 16 I used to burn them off every chance I got lol

Chinese, Japanese..... they all look the same

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run some GT radials which I think are Chinese on the front of my F 550 , they've held up as good as any other brand in pretty harsh environments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my last one ton I ran the Hercules winter tires , they had great traction on the ice and nasty winter roads but that was the only good thing about them. The rode terrible , they always had funny vibrations. I used them in winter only and they lasted 4 winters. Would not buy again because they rode so bad. Have used other winter tires now that ride much better but more money

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Interesting.... Most tires are manufactured either overseas(korea, japan, china etc) or in mexico, currently. Have run many an off shore tire, and you always get what you pay for. However, most smaller companies will sell competitive tires to the big companies, but at a much cheaper/economical price. Sometimes tire quality/build is even better through the smaller companies...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Interesting.... Most tires are manufactured either overseas(korea, japan, china etc) or in mexico, currently. Have run many an off shore tire, and you always get what you pay for. However, most smaller companies will sell competitive tires to the big companies, but at a much cheaper/economical price. Sometimes tire quality/build is even better through the smaller companies...

I just buy what Ric tells me to. Hasn't steered me wrong yet (20+ years)

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

Top Bottom