Check your oil line connections ASAP !

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ever wanted to know what happens at WOT with no oil supply, see pic below. Buddies 12 lost an oil line and blew the crank out the bottom end Check em.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 433

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but I am thinking polaris warranty wont cover a oil line failing off unfortunately.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow what a mess. was it covered under warranty or not?. did it happen last season or this season.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened at the end of last season. No warranty and clamp was still on the line. FYI. he had blown 3 belts on one day. The belts blew completely apart with large chunks blown all around the engine. He now figures the exploding belts could have actually pushed the line off. Changing to a gear clamp would eliminate that issue 100 % Just a heads up to all
Cheers!

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that the oil line that became disconnected is the one with the protective wrapping on it? Looks more like it rotted/snapped off, not that the clamp failed and it pulled itself off. You can see a piece of the line still on the nipple. I would be a little skeptical to think that the belt tore that line off. JMO tho. ****ty either way, completely stock motor?

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that the oil line that became disconnected is the one with the protective wrapping on it? Looks more like it rotted/snapped off, not that the clamp failed and it pulled itself off. You can see a piece of the line still on the nipple. I would be a little skeptical to think that the belt tore that line off. JMO tho. ****ty either way, completely stock motor?
Was a completely stock engine with a can. Not exactly sure which line it was If it wasn't pushed on from factory that would be very concerning if an exploding belt could pull it off may be one in a million but Either way the end result is a catastrophic failure. I will be going over all of mine and putting a gear clamp on anything in the line of fire

Top Bottom