Cheapest way to transport sleds cross country

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a sled and found one in Ontario and one i'm Utah. Anyone know of some cheap ways to transfer? How do the dealership do it?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try calling a car carrier, I priced it out for my brothers old Land Rover from Edmo to Wpg and it was $75, couldnt even drive it that cheap.

sleded1

Reaction score
try a company called day/ross not sure where they are based, they shipped from nova scotia to alberta for 600bucks.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a sled and found one in Ontario and one i'm Utah. Anyone know of some cheap ways to transfer? How do the dealership do it?

from toronto to calgary a small car is $800 these days so a sled should be half that....

from the states it would be a few bucks more and maybe some troubles at the boarder for driver?

its not cheap and sleds cant be that different in price,,

best way would be to solicite someone on here that is going down or coming back,,

good luck

FMF

Reaction score
Try freightquote.com or uship.com basically shippers truckers whoever go on there and look for stuff when they have space. It helps a lot if it is crated or at least on a pallet wrapped in plastic so you can move it with a fork lift and people cant tell it is a sled. Also they are going to want to pick it up and drop it off at a location with a fork lift and room to maneuver a rig and trailer or a loading dock. Utah is going to be a problem because it has to be imported maybe meet them at the boarder or have it shipped to a location in MT or you could just go on vacation to Utah. Good Luck

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Also call the railways ......... buddy shipped as car to New Brunswick and it cost less than a grand. Worth a look anyways. :beer::beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from toronto to calgary a small car is $800 these days so a sled should be half that....

from the states it would be a few bucks more and maybe some troubles at the boarder for driver?

its not cheap and sleds cant be that different in price,,

best way would be to solicite someone on here that is going down or coming back,,

good luck

If you are going to ship it across the border, look into brokerage companies. Brought some stuff across for work in 09, brokerage fees were only about $90 for $3500 worth of stuff. Didn't pay us to even worry about it, we just let the brokerage company handle it. They secured a shipper and everything for us.

Top Bottom