Cheap tie downs to hold down your baby?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like a set of these but for the price I can't really justify it, i think that if they were in the 300-350 range you would see a lot more out there.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont user manuals state how to strap down the vehicle?

The strap really isnt the problem its more the suspension moving and the hooks coming un hooked as well as the tie down point not rated for the load.

Something like the piece that goes between the tire and the fender on a dirtbike so the supension does not compress would work good as well.

Cool product for some one with the cash.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the experience with these matters, nor do I want to speculate as to what the "right" course of action might be. All I know is that I enjoy the sound of banging pots and pans. pots-and-pans.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm positive i heard the same arguements when the original steel super clamps came out, sure see alot on trucks now though. they are super quick and easy. the atv clamps i'll have to wait and see though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me thats the deal Larry. Quick and easy. No fighting with rusty ratchet straps. No worries. Beat your buddies back to the hot tub. Lol.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i'm positive i heard the same arguements when the original steel super clamps came out, sure see alot on trucks now though. they are super quick and easy. the atv clamps i'll have to wait and see though.

finally installed my Rear superclamps last Wednesday before our trip to Radium.... now that we have the full set there is no way I'll switch back.

Going to put some serious thought into the ATV system as well, would like to find someone using it and actually load onto it myself and try it out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ddon't get me wrong, i choked on the price also, but the tie-down straps are a pain in the azz. freezing, mud, strap wear etc. will see how they work out.

DTH

Reaction score
I have a set and it takes longer to drive on to trailer than it takes to clamp down. I use my machine a lot for hunting so I'm either loading or unloading in the dark and with these there's no fumbling with straps which use to take me 10-20 min.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either is a brand new side by side upside down in the middle of the highway.;)

people got to know that these need to be securely mounted as well to work properly. Seen a picture of a sled that came off a deck with a super clamp. Idiot just fastened it to the ply wood, everything is only as strong as its weaked point.

Top Bottom