Cheap tie downs to hold down your baby?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason there is a price difference between straps and the Superclamp is this........TECHNOLOGY.;)

Best part about ratchet straps is I can use them on my flat deck, trailer, truck box and a sled deck all in one day. Then I can use them for hauling a generator, pump, hoses, slip tank, etc. How's that for technology?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best part about ratchet straps is I can use them on my flat deck, trailer, truck box and a sled deck all in one day. Then I can use them for hauling a generator, pump, hoses, slip tank, etc. How's that for technology?
You do make a good point but thats alot of assets relying on a micky mouse $20 strap....just sayn.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do make a good point but thats alot of assets relying on a micky mouse $20 strap....just sayn.

i can buy 3300lb straps for $20 (on sale) and i rely on them to haul my loads... loads worth much more money than a quad or two, just sayin

i do like the technology, just to much imo... $250-$300 they would sell many more units. not sure were their price point is to make money

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super clamp guys:

cool idea, price too high.
Your music sucks on the video
it's wheel "chocks" not "chalks"

as for the argument between straps and the superclamps, if one strap fails, there's others to hold the machine on. If one of the superclamps fails, will the machine squirm out sideways?

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool solution, I have lost a quad off of a trailer with a strap failure - it sucks. There is definitely a learning curve with using straps but once you get it right it is usually ok but i do hate having to crank them down and compress the suspension to get them to not come off. I would need about 3 different positions for the base of this system as the layout of quads on my trailer is always changing.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ That's why I use these for my front tires and a 2" strap on the back through the tow loop.^^^^

Attachments

• WT1600.jpg
    WT1600.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 191

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamp price point way too high for some plastic
...and to say that its "high-tech" so that justifies the price is a bit of a stretch.
It's more, imo, a case of charging the absolute max possible in a "rich-mans" sport. Everyone else does.
I'd be very surprised if a front ski clamp cost more than $10 to manufacture.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamp price point way too high for some plastic
...and to say that its "high-tech" so that justifies the price is a bit of a stretch.
It's more, imo, a case of charging the absolute max possible in a "rich-mans" sport. Everyone else does.
I'd be very surprised if a front ski clamp cost more than $10 to manufacture.

Definately more pricey than 4 $20 straps. I look at it as an investment. Pretty much a lifetime warranty from what I have seen on this site and you keep it year after year after year. Also pretty slick. Throw it over the ski's ,clamp and out there. To each there own.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first question is do they have a DOT approved weight stamp on each clamp? If there is not an approval stamp dont bother with them in BC, they wont recognize them.

Frankly proper DOT approved straps do an excellent job when used as they are supposed to. The cheap china crap is a different story.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ That's why I use these for my front tires and a 2" strap on the back through the tow loop.^^^^
Those are the best way to go in my opinion, although you are supposed to use a 4 point system, in other words one on each wheel, or 2 straps in the back and 2 in the front.

Top Bottom