Chatter creek

Reaction score
Agreed that would be the only legitimate out come for something like this.. Seeing how it's a well know place u would think that's how it would work...

Again, agreed. An arbitrary no refund policy when they cancel the "event". I could start a Magic Flying Carpet Skidoo tour to the base of Everest... only 5k down..... we leave in 2017. Oops sorry, I changed my mind, no refunds, **** you.

uh huh

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't experienced chatter, you have no idea.
We have to secure out spots a year in advance and put 25% down anyways.
If you don't like it, you have the choice. Don't go there. More epic sledding for us.
We will
Have to wait another year to go. Oh well. It sucks.
We might still go up and camp there.

Sent from w

Reaction score
If you haven't experienced chatter, you have no idea.
We have to secure out spots a year in advance and put 25% down anyways.
If you don't like it, you have the choice. Don't go there. More epic sledding for us.
We will
Have to wait another year to go. Oh well. It sucks.
We might still go up and camp there.

Sent from w

Oh trust me... any place that can't manage a refund will never see a dime from me. Consumers are generally powerless, and the only thing they can do is vote with their wallet. I'm adept at it. There's a million places to sled .. I could go to a new spot every weekend for the rest of my life and never see the same place twice.... I won't be missing it at all.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brain fart...disregard :) No chatter this year...but I get my puppy early now! Yay!

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow there's a lot of full grown dudes crying right now!
Ps Chatter is worth crying over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People hasent experienced chatter and they are bitching lmao I would like for them to try and get a spot there it's not like the best western where you can book a day in advance.. I myself and the group I go with ( 12 of us ) have had this spot for over 10 years and wouldn't give it up for anything

Reaction score
People hasent experienced chatter and they are bitching lmao I would like for them to try and get a spot there it's not like the best western where you can book a day in advance.. I myself and the group I go with ( 12 of us ) have had this spot for over 10 years and wouldn't give it up for anything

If you were paying attention here as recently as last week, people were selling their spots..... people had to drop out or plans changed etc.... that won't change. I wonder what tune people will be singing if it happens again next year lol

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked to them on the phone. They will be keeping your payment and registration for next year, not a big deal to me, I had a deposit in well over 6 months in advance anyways.

If you can't go on that date next year, they will try move you around, if that doesn't work, they can sell your spot for you. There is a no refund policy that you should have been aware of before booking.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what happens if they go out of business? Anybody think of that?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what could be so wrong with the road at km1? That has to be right at the gravel pit.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me... any place that can't manage a refund will never see a dime from me. Consumers are generally powerless, and the only thing they can do is vote with their wallet. I'm adept at it. There's a million places to sled .. I could go to a new spot every weekend for the rest of my life and never see the same place twice.... I won't be missing it at all.
Thought you only ever rode Cataract creek anyways?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope someone that's actually booked in can chime in....
This would of been 5th yr at chatter It's aspecial place when it comes to backcountry sledding and everything else involved. In the past you're deposit is left the day you leave for the next year. For those who have been and understand the waiting it takes to snag a spot will understand. Tough one to bite when building anticipation for months, but they're safety is priority. Clearly entry isn't deemed safe to access the area, whether from mud slides or avalanches. I've seen some nasty paths cleared away off the logging road.

Hitchguy

Reaction score
Well I was one that had to sell my spots but happy to get a refund to the guys that bought them and will leave my money there paid in full for next year! Can't wait to see this place for years to come **** happens oh well most of you spend more than 800 dollars on a weekend doing something it's money already spent ! can spend next years maybe on the sled now :)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what could be so wrong with the road at km1? That has to be right at the gravel pit.

there was a massive soft spot(break up) right around here... at the time you could get by on the sides but maybe something has changed. A avy is not going to wash the road out, there's not enough snow down low right now

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tanks for the update guys and girls. We had a crew planning a trip up there this weekend.

Can some one confirm if the problem at the 1km is at the 1km on the bush arm forest service road near the gravel pit just past waitabit creek or 1km up chatters road off the B road?

Oh wait, seeing as the 1km marker is only about 15km from where im sitn rite now I should go have a look eh ...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got word 1km mark just past waitabit ck ...

Damn it !!!

We always enjoy playing in many places on the B road in spring.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard from a source, that the road was fine this afternoon all the way up to km 21.

He drove in, and was seeing sledders leaving.
This was this afternoon.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread,
Shadam, or any local, could you please confirm for us?

Reaction score
Thought you only ever rode Cataract creek anyways?

In general that isn't too far from the truth.... it's the closest and most convenient, and I STILL haven't seen it all. It's not 100% true though, as I've ditch banged in Carbon, sled around Sundre, Have gone to Chestermere lake for an afternoon here and there, and even tried the Olds club trails....

Reaction score
Well I was one that had to sell my spots but happy to get a refund to the guys that bought them and will leave my money there paid in full for next year! Can't wait to see this place for years to come **** happens oh well most of you spend more than 800 dollars on a weekend doing something it's money already spent ! can spend next years maybe on the sled now :)

Sh!t does happen... but no I don't spend $800 on a weekend. That's pretty much my budget for an entire season.... I wish.

Top Bottom