Chatter creek

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sh!t does happen... but no I don't spend $800 on a weekend. That's pretty much my budget for an entire season.... I wish.

$800 for entire season....man I wish.
We spend 10 hours round trip for fuel, beers, hotels, beer, food, beer. Sled Fuel, beers and broken parts.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forestry was turning people around and not letting them pass yesterday according to friends who tried to go on the road

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forestry was turning people around and not letting them pass yesterday according to friends who tried to go on the road
Wouldn't doubt it was a huge sink hole yesterday when I went and had a look... only gonna get worse if people keep rutting it out...

Reaction score
$800 for entire season....man I wish.
We spend 10 hours round trip for fuel, beers, hotels, beer, food, beer. Sled Fuel, beers and broken parts.

I couldn't participate otherwise. Part of me is envious, the other part is thankful. I pack food, pack any booze I might want, I've never broken anything yet, and will cry when I do. Fuel is the main cost, and we only ever hotel it once a season. (why I stick to Cataract mainly)

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam I got over $4000 in repairs so far this year over $6000 in rent and hotels not including food and booze and 20 gallons of synthetic oil and gas and I'm not done yet

Well.....I buy marked premium by the barrel, don't break chit, and unload 5 minutes from my house. Wouldn't be able to afford to ride at what you spend. :)

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on track you thread derailers please ...

We went and drove the road this morning. We passed both sides of the "hole" in 2wd with ease. No sleds on deck but sasky buddy said "so where's the mud hole?"

Oh how I laughed !!!

By sask standards it was nothing !!! I lived in sask and it was meh ...

We drove over it after 10am ... sure maybe in the arvo it may wet up more, maybe in 2 days it will be drying out ...

A 4 place enclosed will most likely drag fore or aft but anybody with 4x4 should have no probs ...

Did forestry shut down chatter creeks sled season ???

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were no signs nothing at all we drove to the 4km and turned around, sure a few wetter spots.

Deff did not look like forestry flagged off the mud hole, looked like a random dude did it. Forestry wouldnt have left the log in there me thinks ...

Watabit camp ground looked mostly dry and totally useable ...

NZjosh

Reaction score
Roads open... Drove in rode chatter and drove out today, only little problem is the sink hole at the start but we saw campers towing 4 sleds and a lot of trailers up there I drove through in 2wd no problem

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on track you thread derailers please ...

Did forestry shut down chatter creeks sled season ???

Chatter shut down Chatter's sled season. Conditions are tough and not looking to get better anytime soon. Lets hope for us all that some cold seals the snowpack up and we can get some fresh on top to sled and shred. You guys whoop out the Blaeberry?

Last edited:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is Chatter tried to get Forestry to close road due to rapid softening. Rumor is Chatter is moving towards eliminating snowmobiling now that Dale is gone. Quite a few people were up there sledding the last couple days. Road is fine.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teamdirt,

Have you even read the last 20 posts? Your first post was pretty indicative that you didn't.
I doubt your theory is valid.

Chatter is responsible for the road's integrity when they and their patrons are using it. They have an agreement with the forestry to upkeep the road, and if their patrons will wreck the road, because the damage would be beyond Chatter's capabilities to repair, it would be in their interest to close the season. I can see this happening. I would like to see pics of this so called damage myself actually.

As for them closing it to sledding permanently, I think this is BS. They have a tenure, and they can't close it to sledding, we can as sledders go there and sled, as long as we stay out of their tenure.

The actual building doesn't even have locks on their doors. It is actually not their property. I was told by Charlie, the general manager that if someone wants to go inside of the building, they can 24/7/52 You can go in and there is nothing they can do.
Of course, they don't really want anyone there, BUT there is someone there all the time doing maintenance etc. but they won't ask you to leave, unless you are a going to wreck the place.

My group of 12 are disappointed that they are holding 100%, we are willing to leave the usual 25% and get the rest back..
Questions on if they are going broke also have been asked....A good chunk of patrons are from Alberta actually.

It is ongoing.. If anyone can get some pics of the "damage" that would be great.\\

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is Chatter tried to get Forestry to close road due to rapid softening. Rumor is Chatter is moving towards eliminating snowmobiling now that Dale is gone. Quite a few people were up there sledding the last couple days. Road is fine.

But there tenure is based on snowmobile, lol. Secondly how are you going to close out sledders. A big gate. Tenure is tenure, you can't shut people out from crown land. Unless there going to go for a sec 58 closure.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm booked for next season, let's hope for some colder temps and spring not to come a month early lol.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys left that a little to open to interpret. Rumor is Chatter Creek (the business) wants to eliminate hosting snowmobile lodging in the future. Yes they can't stop you from going up there, anyone can go up there anytime including mid winter., they just won't be providing you with any services. (lodging, meals, gas, guides, etc.)

Guess we will see what happens in the future for the lodge guests. We've all heard they are moving your booking to 2017-maybe 2017 comes and they give you your money back- or they cancel again and move your bookings to 2018. Guess we will see. Accountants have already counted the beans so there is no way they are refunding you this year. Info comes from very reliable people in the community.

Of note for the last five years they have been continuously cutting back the reservable dates for snowmobile lodging. Use to be 5 weeks-then 4, then 3, now its 2 weeks. Furthermore they added a week of skiing, snowboarding and sledding for media at the start of April before you could all stay in the lodge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom