Charmac Tri-sport or Tri-sport Elite owners ???

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these models? Could you list the Pros and cons of this trailer. What you've done on the interior and some picture if you have. Thanks.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these models? Could you list the Pros and cons of this trailer. What you've done on the interior and some picture if you have. Thanks.

My group owns one together.

Well built trailer.

Pros.
pulls great
has 16" rubber
larger axles
we have about 15000km on it and it hasn't had a wiring problem
led lights
we have ran it through a automatic truck wash where a sh!t load of water is throwin at it with zero issues.
1.5" floor
I sure I'm missing a few.

Cons.
we have a screwed wall and the screws seem to back out.
The trailer is heavy, which is why it pulls great. We run with a load stabilizer hitch. Pull with 2500 trucks with air bags. can be done without air bags but headlights are pointing to the sky.
The door locks have given us some issues, dirt and water build up and the lock wont open. WD-40 and Lock Deicer on hand at all times.

Our trailer has a cabinet in the front on the angled wall. We have fit 5 sleds without an issue.

2008 Charmac 28' Tri-sport

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend and I own one together. 2011 Tri Sport with 7000lb axles, insulated, ducted heat and 7' foot walls. We had the same issue as 007 with the screws stripping out on the back of the trailer. Other than that No issues. It pulls well, but keep in mind the axles on these trailers are placed further back than most trailers which makes them feel heavy. We have used it almost as much to haul cars as sleds and it works great for this. If you were looking to haul just sleds or quads I would go with a lighter trailer. Just my two cents. A side note, we bought our trailer in Nanton and had great service.

Studder

Reaction score
Have a 28' Sno-sport elite, 6000lb axles, 7 ft walls, insulated and duct heating, lots of lighting in and out, beds, metal cupboards, extended work bench w/drawers, (in front) 12v/110 converter/batteries, non slip flooring, air compressor, (wall mounted) etc. Yea, as mentioned a little nose heavy but I like that for towing/traction/load balancing. Best towing bumper pull I've pulled. Chev 3500 SRW. I have carried quads, sleds, boat, cars, small tractors in it and never had a issue. Extra 3/4" plywood placed on door/ramp for heavy load entry. I have sealed HD external walls and riveted insides with not a problem or issue so far. Always washed and stored inside though. "Babied" Only con might be the 7' rear door is a little heavy with current bottom springs. I have no side cables which I hate. They're a little pricy but will last.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Keep em coming!!

SnowJunkie82 and Studder is your ducted heating from Charmac, the one which is flush mounted in the front.

Do you guys park park you sleds forwards or backwards ?

How about lighting, was everything from Charmac? Can you guys post some pic's of your lights.

HRT Offroad. Thanks for the pictures. Nice to have a boomin stereo. Can you get by your Subs or are they moveable?[SUP]​

This is Charmac's ducted heater. No banging your head with this one.[/SUP]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Charmac Tri-Sport Elite.... IMO they are one the best full aluminum trailers on the market for price point. Heated, 7' Walls, Fluorescent lights, 110V, Inverter, LED, etc... I would buy another for forsure... Cons... I want a NEW one... I will be selling mine this summer/fall going to get a new something... I may post pics later if I remember...

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attached are a few pics of mine. I love it, the best upgrade I did was the RUMBER floors, they a wicked. I have a 28 foot and got the heater, led and tube lights, windows and a few other upgrades.
jehapujy.jpg
uva5uzuj.jpg
hyqybeze.jpg
6ereve6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Studder

Reaction score
Yea. Heating- right from Charmac as your pic. But put directional vents in place of theirs. They helped alot to circulate air to floor. - Mostly drive in, back out, unless putting 5 in due to work bench/drawers. Lightning- Had Charmac put 8 dual controlled flush mounts at purchace. Lots of light. If working on something I have trouble lights front and back mounted and air compressor. Use mostly everything, fridge etc. thru 110v wiring or invertor/batteries. Most of that was self in stalled. Breakers etc. I don't know how to put pics on here sorry. later.

Top Bottom