Change 2008 Dragon Spring Tension Blocks

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone changed theirs yet? I had the option of new rear springs or try these new tension blocks to deal with my suspension sag. Thought I'd try them, they have an extra stiff setting for the springs.

I took a look and can't tell if I have to take the springs off to change them.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't need to remove the springs. Release the long end of the spring then they become lose enough. May need a pry bar to to pop the spring lose and put it back on. Make sure to put your tension block to the lowest tension before popping the spring loose. Way easier

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an assault so I already have stiff springs. But if you put stiffer springs and the sled still likes to stay low, make sure the rear suspension is very well greased. It likes to stick in place and not rebound all the way, sits kind of low. Might even need to remove and degrease the rods and then completely regrease them with new grease.

as far as releasing the tension on the springs, hang the rear end up to unload the suspension and maybe put something under the track to support the rear skid. I just undo the springs by hand. its easy.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the blocks from? I think I may have to replace the rear shock as well. I can push the suspension down with one finger and it stays there.

sent from the van across the street.

Top Bottom