CBC Interviews Mike Weigele

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any emergency helicopter rescue in B.C. will be dispatched through the Provincial Emergency Program (PEP) they assign a number, then the helicopter company gets paid through this.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol I thinks it a little different circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How so. It the law (that was posted earlier) is they can't fly below a certain altitude what does the reason for the low fly by have to do with it. If they are below, they are below.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How so. It the law (that was posted earlier) is they can't fly below a certain altitude what does the reason for the low fly by have to do with it. If they are below, they are below.

I am sure the riders sign so sort of waver and the film company would get some sort of permit to film/fly that low! They arent that stupid to do something illegal on film then show the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The high road would be to continue recognizing and promoting all the good things sled clubs have done over that past years rather than get into a smear campaign and boycotting.
There are some very knowledgeable people within these clubs with some passion behind the land use management agreements that we sledders seem determined to ruin with our antics.
Therein lies the issue...
MW has a small group of people that he controls and manages during his season. He sets the stage of where and when anyone skis and his business reputation demands he delivers the product. I think it would be a mistake to underestimate how far he would go to keep it. Next time he might use a smooth tongued lobbyist to plead his case instead of himself doing it.

The Sled clubs strive to promote good behaviors and attitudes, but they can not control it. The hope is that the thousands of sledders coming into the area will follow the club and area rules. How can you help ensure that happens??? Best way to do that is pay the trail fees and/or buy memberships and be an active member. When you see people not following rules or being a dork... own it. Make the first step to making it better. It may not work the first couple times, but eventually it will go viral and everyone will remember the day some club member told them to shape up.
I am going to put my money where my mouth is and buy an area membership and help out when and where I can. I am going to spread the word.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Club membership and education is the key. There are a lot of riders out there that doo not belong to clubs and doo not see the big picture. They are on their own and doo their own thing because there are no short term consequences and they don't believe the long term consequences will affect them. Other than continually pointing them in the right direction and Provincial Trail passes with continual enforcement and officers on the land will there be any real big change.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC finally sent me the interview with Erin Hart. It's not a link it's an mp3 file and I can't figure out how to put it up. Somebody help???????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Club membership and education is the key. There are a lot of riders out there that doo not belong to clubs and doo not see the big picture. They are on their own and doo their own thing because there are no short term consequences and they don't believe the long term consequences will affect them. Other than continually pointing them in the right direction and Provincial Trail passes with continual enforcement and officers on the land will there be any real big change.

There is a big misconception out there that purchasing a daily trail pass is supporting the club but in fact that 20$ will hardly cover the grooming cost or maybe not even cover it in a lot of cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is a big misconception out there that purchasing a daily trail pass is supporting the club but in fact that 20$ will hardly cover the grooming cost or maybe not even cover it in a lot of cases.

Not that I disagree with your statement Sean, but purchasing that daily trail pass helps. 10's of thousands of dollars are collected with the daily trail passes and that pays for fuel, wages and most maintenance costs. I don't want to start a war but if a club has their own groomer, generally speaking, the monies in the club treasury will grow.

Where the membership numbers help is with the "public perception" or when applying for grants, and fighting for habitat. It works wonders when a club has 300+ members compared to 30 members. Corporate sponsors will jump on board with a club that is active, community driven, and has a large membership base. Membership has it's privileges and one of those privileges is that some one will fight the battle in the board rooms and with government.

Top Bottom