Cataract / Etherington - any snow?

BigBadBob

Reaction score
Has anyone been out to Cateract or Etherington lately? Wondering if there is any snow left on the trails? Was hoping to get out there on Sunday, is it worth the drive?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Was there last Sunday and the only trails rideable are the upper south portions like Cummings, Wilkinson, Skyline etc, and their pounded out pretty bad. Meadows south of the trails were ok but melting fast. If you're gonna go there, you are best come in from Hwy 22 to the south gates on the 940 and stage from there so you can get to the southern trails.

Other trails west of Cataract have many bare spots and mud/rock if you're trying to get to the southern trails from there. I would imagine it's worse this weekend after +10 temps most of the week and no new snow. Won't catch me back there unless it dumps some fresh stuff and it looks like they're forecasting as much as 20cm there for mid week. Now that's the day to ride there!

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there last Sunday and the only trails rideable are the upper south portions like Cummings, Wilkinson, Skyline etc, and their pounded out pretty bad. Meadows south of the trails were ok but melting fast. If you're gonna go there, you are best come in from Hwy 22 to the south gates on the 940 and stage from there so you can get to the southern trails.

Other trails west of Cataract have many bare spots and mud/rock if you're trying to get to the southern trails from there. I would imagine it's worse this weekend after +10 temps most of the week and no new snow. Won't catch me back there unless it dumps some fresh stuff and it looks like they're forecasting as much as 20cm there for mid week. Now that's the day to ride there!

I was there Saturday...

Yep..time to roll out our two wheel machines at least for now....:cool:

But winter is far from over yet....as statistics show March to be our snowiest month....

lets keep our fingers crossed....:)

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there today, lot's of bare spots and hard pack. Sleds were overheating even with the scratchers down so we called it a day pretty early. On the way out we rode through plenty of mud, best to stay outta there until we get more snow.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there today, lot's of bare spots and hard pack. Sleds were overheating even with the scratchers down so we called it a day pretty early. On the way out we rode through plenty of mud, best to stay outta there until we get more snow.

yeah was down in the pass today snow is starting to get thin in spots

do the snow dance

BigBadBob

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I agree that winter is not over, hopefully this week we get a dump of snow and we can get back out there before to long.

Top Bottom