Cataract/Etherington 2013/14 Thread

fshog

Reaction score
Oh man. Dont remind me. I was very upset with myself. Lets just say i was up way too late the night before. But i am going this weekend for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am game to head out saturday would like to jump in on a group.

I am up for Saturday! What time does everybody wanna meet? If I see any vandals, I WILL run them over. Im sorry to hear about that crap Kaz, let me know when we are going to wreck those bastards!!! Hope those cops were on the hunt for them.

I am looking to be there around 10 - coming from Okotoks.

fshog

Reaction score
Oh man. Dont remind me. I was very upset with myself. Lets just say i was up way too late the night before. But i am going this weekend for sure!

I am game to head out saturday would like to jump in on a group.

I am up for Saturday! What time does everybody wanna meet? If I see any vandals, I WILL run them over. Im sorry to hear about that crap Kaz, let me know when we are going to wreck those bastards!!! Hope those cops were on the hunt for them.

I was thinking of meeting at the a&w/petro-canada around 8-830. Then head out from there

Can do, I live fairly close. PM me when you can to setup a firm time

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a good vid! I wanna do that!

Also! Is there anyone who wants and or can go out friday?!

just remember that is on a great bluebird day after getting over the whopped out trail, crossing all the creeks and the shale and the frozen tundra on the pass.... it isn't all that nice!!!!!!!!!!

RoughNecksRam403

Reaction score
Well, im not saying or asking anyone to take me out there friday. I only want to stick to my skill level and thats cataract.
But where the vid was that nice.

fshog

Reaction score
Which a&w is this? I can be there at 8.

What an amazing video Summit X. Take me with you.

Its the one off of deerfoot/highway 2. Heading south on highway 2 from Calgary, its the second okotoks exit.

Are we still talking Saturday? I can't go to Fernie this weekend RoughNeckRam, it's only Cataract for me this time.

RoughNecksRam403

Reaction score
Yeah, we're talking about saturday. And i was just saying that i might be going to fernie. But i think ill be going to cataract.

I still want to know if anyone can/wants to go out friday!

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Everybody fixing to go Saturday got their avy gear? If there are enough of us I see no reason to try and not get up to Fording, should be plenty of snow on the shale field in the morning and with a few guys there will be plenty of help to get the new sledders unstuck if need be.

knocksum

Reaction score
I am up for sledding in the pass. I have a spare beacon, prob and shovel backpack if anyone wants to join.

RoughNecksRam403

Reaction score
Yup, i have the basic avi gear, probe, shovel, beacon, backpack. New sledder i am. So, im up for it, but have only been out once. So im very much a noob.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Just so I am clear, I dont wanna be in the wrong if heading down there this weekend. Is it strictly stay on trail? or is there some open areas to get out in to the trees on the alberta side, of course excluding the out of bounds? A group of us are thinking about heading down on Sunday, but it has been about fifteen years since ive been there, and we wanna make sure we are keeping within the rules.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can't find anyone to ride Fernie with on saturday I may end up looking to join a groupo that wants to hit Fording instead. Fernie will have much more snow though... only 14cm at Nakiska the past 48hrs....

Last edited:
Top Bottom