Cataract Creek Snowmobile Trails offical thread 2016/17

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to fording lately? Also wondering what this recent Chinook is gonna do to the area. Suppose to be stupid warm all week

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone been to fording lately? Also wondering what this recent Chinook is gonna do to the area. Suppose to be stupid warm all week

I would bet a huge bunch of riders. Etherington lot was all the way out to road on Saturday. Riders said it was great with a pile of new snow.
Weather could be as bad as last year. Soft wet slush turning to ice when it cools off again

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet a huge bunch of riders. Etherington lot was all the way out to road on Saturday. Riders said it was great with a pile of new snow.
Weather could be as bad as last year. Soft wet slush turning to ice when it cools off again

so its probably tracked out now i would guess

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of ironic your name is the only thing they brought for the hot dogs lol.....
Yeah.....that was my fault, kinda........apologies! When you think you have everything you need together, and then you rush to leave, on occasion things get forgotten. Oh well, there was plenty of "hot dog soup"/water to moisten up the buns with.....but no takers.......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah.....that was my fault, kinda........apologies! When you think you have everything you need together, and then you rush to leave, on occasion things get forgotten. Oh well, there was plenty of "hot dog soup"/water to moisten up the buns with.....but no takers.......

did Glen fire you from being "Weiner King"?

cammont

Reaction score

Sorry... I also have to step up and take some responsibility for Scott not getting the Ketchup and Mustard. It was out there, just being stored in a different spot he wasn't aware of and I forgot about it.

But they were free!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever sledded in the area around the staging area by hiway 517? wondering if it is wirth the drive south of longview

334_crowsnestpassnorth_trail_map.jpg

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been there done that always stuff that gets forgotten a checklist started a week before helps
It was a busy morning on Sunday and Scott forgot all the fixings. Riders showing up early. Dealer trailers needing parking, etc. I just heard about this today. Hey guess there is always a hick up or 15 along the way. So next year it will be way better with fixings. LOL

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wiener water soup .... is usually the day after ... if thats all you guys forgot for all the work that was done you guys did pretty damn good

Last edited:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was great to partake in the club's poker derby Sunday, and I was amazed at how much the terrain has changed. And Scott' weiner soup was awesome.https://youtu.be/OKL1ppiFxAI

Last edited:

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha that's great.

Bubbly look stuff in there like when you are in a jacuzzi with a bunch of GUYS?? Wtf?

Bella

Reaction score
We are thinking of heading to Cataract Creek at the end of the month. We have never been there before. Thank you for the map! Would you be able to recommend hotel accommodations for around there. I checked Longview but it seems to be about 1hr 45 mins away. Is there any where else closer to stay?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are thinking of heading to Cataract Creek at the end of the month. We have never been there before. Thank you for the map! Would you be able to recommend hotel accommodations for around there. I checked Longview but it seems to be about 1hr 45 mins away. Is there any where else closer to stay?

Longview is about 45 minutes away from the Cataract parking lot heading straight west towards Kananaskis country and turning south on the trunk road. The route that Google Maps takes you is not the one to follow, that is through Indian Graves and up over a hill that can get nasty during the winter and not recommended if you are pulling a big trailer.

:beer:

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Longview is not 1hr 45 away, it is the closet to cat creek.
Are you referring to the map I just posted? If so ignore it, that is a map of the areas south of cat creek.

I did stay in Longview once, hotel right to the south side of bar on the west side of main drag. Was t the greatest but it was clean, cheap and warm

Top Bottom