Cataract 2011/12

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics and Vids of this Friday....

c93925ae.jpg

fd11da3b.jpg

This is Calgary Sled Guy after he dug himself out (see previous picture of his 1000 up against the tree picture). He was working his way back to where we were and had to cross a deep ravine...almost made it... (click on the picture to see the Vids....)

Then had to go back and conquer the slope some more :) The Vids does no justice how steep it was.....

360 vid of the bowl. As you can hear lots of sleds in the area...

This is not any one from our group.... Way to many willing to risk it all with Avy conditions at high...

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today my daughter and I hooked up with Dyslexic and took off out of the South (Cataract) parking lot. We were the first ones in the lot at 9:00 AM. The road south did not have a track on it! We headed down the main road and Dyslexic showed us and nice meadow to play around in. UN TOUCHED!!! Snow was settled pretty good which worked out great for my daughter as you could go anywhere you wanted. I got one picture before my Black Berry died. She followed me up a steep little hill and darn near made it. I think if she would have cut a new track rather than follow mine she might have made it. Shes doing really well only having road a sled 5 or 6 time total....

55c50c30.jpg

We then went to the far south end out of the Cataract boundary area and played in an area I believe is called the play ground?? Dont quote me on that. Again snow untouched except for a another group we were playing leap frog with. They would break trail for a ways and then we would. It was pretty much all tracked out by days end...

Every cut block was FULL of tracks. I couldn't believe there were areas untouched...

Another cool day. Thanks again Dyslexic! We had a blast!

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much fun today! Highfly's daughter can climb and launch. Thanks for showing me some new spots too. We will definitely try and get out again. Sure warmed up at the end the day.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics and Vids of this Friday....

c93925ae.jpg

fd11da3b.jpg

This is ZigZag after he dug himself out (see previous picture of his 1000 up against the tree picture). He was working his way back to where we were and had to cross a deep ravine...almost made it... (click on the picture to see the Vids....)

Then had to go back and conquer the slope some more :) The Vids does no justice how steep it was.....

360 vid of the bowl. As you can hear lots of sleds in the area...

This is not any one from our group.... Way to many willing to risk it all with Avy conditions at high...
Thats Calgarysledguy diggin out his sled mine dont get stuck very often but when I do I try to get it out before anyone snaps a pic LOL. Pretty sure CSG is gettin rid of the tank sure dont miss my RT heavy.

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awe man i screwed up again mixing people up. Ill go back and edit my previous post.

...... Corrected, Sorry guys.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awe man i screwed up again mixing people up. Ill go back and edit my previous post.

...... Corrected, Sorry guys.

No need its all good and all good fun. Looks like you guys had a blast yesterday to. Let me know if your takin your daughter again and I'll bring my daughter and son along. Cheers

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!!!!

It sure did look like a fun day :D

bombdrop

Reaction score
there all petty shaky and the ski pole idea would work better if i had a 170 degree lens...i'll post some when i get it edited.

bennito

Reaction score
Went over fording on tues (Area 59 NO GOOD LOL) We did not sled much just perched our self's on the high point in the middle of the valley and watched slides. We saw about 25 come down off the SE side NW facing. When that late day sun hit that face WOW!!. Every high mark on that side made over the weekend is now been crossed by an avy so if anybody is tempted to ride there after any new snow don't be a hero. We also saw a big slide come down about 1km from the last creek crossing it stopped about 300m from the trail but as we road by, it was a avy path that in the past has washed that trail out, so any were you go back there is super scech even the trail ride in. Oh yea the sun crust that has happened now would also be a huge concern for any new snow on it. I personally will not go back there this season not worth it for that sh** trail ride in(except through the pass very nice) back to BC for me. I hope this helps and for anybody tempted by new snow RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT or body bag your choice

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bennito for the info....

So I wonder whats going on in Cataract as Calgary is getting pounded with Snow..... slush. I just bought an 800 (used) sure would like to test it out (Not in the pass)..... Anyone going out this weekend?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a used 2004 RMK 800. its exactly the same as my 600 (same year) but 800 and 151" track. 224 miles on it. I couldn't pass it up.
It has an automatic elevation jetting kit on it and scratchers, other than that it is unmolested and that is what attracted me to it. really nice shape.
I also like the fact I now have two of the same sleds, parts wise. Maintenance wise etc etc.
the only pic I have so far :)

b6d4769f.jpg

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my insurance etc taken care of so were good to go. Were heading out tomorrow (Saturday), be in the parking lot around 9:00AM (Cataract, south lot).
Hopefully there is a little snow to do a test run, if not well..... I tried.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the polaris in those years were great sleds post some pics of the day and let me know what it was like
. thinking the snow will be set up pretty good

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the polaris in those years were great sleds post some pics of the day and let me know what it was like
. thinking the snow will be set up pretty good

Will do for sure!

I'm so pumpped. PLEASE be some snow.......

3e2bcbcb.jpg

Top Bottom