catalytic converter delete

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the catylyst or the Diesel Particulate filters(DPF) on the new diesels?

sled

Reaction score
With the newer gas engines it is not the best thing to do is remove the cat because there is usually one O2 sensor before the cat and one right after it.So if you remove the cat the computer gets a signal from both O2's with the same reading causing nothing but problems.

sledhead65

Reaction score
hey can he do it on older gas units, i would love to take a hammer to my secondary 02 sensors.

I have a 98 5.7 half ton

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at my post on Bully Dogs...this is a quote from "frbstr' who is getting his taken off today...a 2008 Chevy truck...I am sure he will update...I talked to him last night, pulling a 4 place enclosed from Fort mcmurray...4 tanks later...we will see what he says when he updates..

Dobir the problem with your 08 compared to all the earlier models is the DPF. The only solution for you is to have it fall off your truck. All diesel engines from 2007 on have diesel particulate filters that use fuel to reburn the soot it traps = low MPG. I'm coming south on sunday to have mine fall off at Kustom. The best way for you to find out all the info about this is to find a ford powerstroke forum online and do some research, theres tons of info and lots to consider before making the decision to remove the DPF.
GOLD FINGER
JERRY
BLACK PANELS
MANY MANY MANY BELTS

Top Bottom