Catalyst Cat Chassis

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and a 07 rev 800r would spank a turbo phazer

That had more to do with the weight of the turbo phazer, it was heavy. Rode one lots, my buddy at the yammi dealer built one, lightened it up a bunch and at a good elevation the rev, and cat 800 got beat….well….when the turbo was running good anyway lol. They were finicky setups in the beginning. I had a phazer and bought an mc express kit but never went that route due to tuning issues in the beginning , bought a nytro turbo instead and sold all the other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and a 07 rev 800r would spank a turbo phazer

I'm going to disagree on that one. I had one for a while and put 5000km on it. It out pulled my 163 XM.
Granted it had an aftermarket tunnel, ran a 15x162 track and ran 15psi of boost on a pump gas mcx kit.
I had good reliability. No drivetrain or turbo/tuning issues. The issue I had was the exhaust. It kept cracking and heat management was tough as the pipes were inches from the fuel tank.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya a turbo Phazer had a 150 horse at altitude in 2010. Game changer

Chassis sucked
Always wanted one in an xp at the time

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remeber riding a turbo nitro in 2010. Probably around 250hp. That was a rush.

Turbo phazer 4stroke,,,, why? Sled was ugly as fk too.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Filmed by the owner of 509......a long time ago at the BISO.....One of those was a crank shop 900 ;) pernsonally I like several of the new items on the Chassis. I think their Belt drive is one of the key features. The 858 if under 20k will be a serious sled.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4367.jpeg
Silber turbo. 195 hp at 8 lbs straight AV gas. Sounds like they are testing this weekend.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the 600 or the 900 kit with a turbo

I’m thinking a 600, a 900 on straight Av gas would be well over 195hp, my 800 alpha turbo at 8 lbs on 50/50 was 200hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it holds together, that would be fun. Wonder if it is laggy with the smaller engine

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 276744Silber turbo. 195 hp at 8 lbs straight AV gas. Sounds like they are testing this weekend.

i dont get it, what is appealing about that AT ALL? there are factory options with warranty making 190hp on pump gas with two years warranty and another that only needs a 500$ flash to get there. So you pay likely 5k more for the sled by the time the install is said and done, you dont have any warranty and you have to run straight AV gas?? who is going to buy that? serious question. Other than someone wanting to try something different and overpay for it is about the only feasible explanation i can come up with

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it holds together, that would be fun. Wonder if it is laggy with the smaller engine
Yes it will have lag, you would need to clutch it for high engagement to keep the boost up. And it’s peaky, 8600 rpm is where it needs to be. I believe this turbo will bolt right onto the 858 so you could run it on your 600 this year and then switch it over to your 858 next winter.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont get it, what is appealing about that AT ALL? there are factory options with warranty making 190hp on pump gas with two years warranty and another that only needs a 500$ flash to get there. So you pay likely 5k more for the sled by the time the install is said and done, you dont have any warranty and you have to run straight AV gas?? who is going to buy that? serious question. Other than someone wanting to try something different and overpay for it is about the only feasible explanation i can come up with
Your not wrong.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not wrong at all. I'm just saying it would be fun. I'll never be paying 20g or more for a sled anyways so there is that as well

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 33 percent increase in volume.
If they can do that with the 858 could be intersting. I for one kind of just want a light weight sled for the mountains bush/creek riding The doo turbo is middle ground between this and a side winder.
Although I am short tunneling a nytro turbo in the shop today. So I dont really know what I want. I know that my modified t3 is getting up there in km and needs replacement at some point. Primarily the sled I ride. All my buddies bought turbo doos and like to wheelie drifts in the open meadows and the t3 is pretty boring there.
E398AFB3-FAA1-4364-873C-11817308EDF3.png

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes it will have lag, you would need to clutch it for high engagement to keep the boost up. And it’s peaky, 8600 rpm is where it needs to be. I believe this turbo will bolt right onto the 858 so you could run it on your 600 this year and then switch it over to your 858 next winter.
I was talking to Jay at Solid turbo and he was u sure if the kits will be interchangeable with the engines being mounted lower. The steering set up gets in the way. So he was telling me that if anything needs to be changed it would be the airbox but everything else should directly swap over. I wonder if the silber kits come with bigger injectors. Needs quite a bit of fuel for that horsepower. With the smaller displacement engine I wonder if they would be less laggy then an 850+cc engine, turbo needs to spin less to get the air into the engine? So many variables I wanna see how it does though for sure.

Top Bottom