Catalyst Cat Chassis

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the alpha rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alpha rail is fixed instead of teeter tottering side to side. Alpha has control with the skis in the air unlike a T-motion sled.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpha rail is fixed instead of teeter tottering side to side. Alpha has control with the skis in the air unlike a T-motion sled.

Tmotion is still a twin rail, same theory just different designs IMO, but I agree with the control feel comment with the skis in the air.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 858 came in at 167hp, on the dynotech dyno. Just what I expected it would come in at, the 9r came in at 170hp on the same dyno, and the 800 cat came in at 154hp.

Yikes that’s a far cry from the 186hp everyone was talking about. But that’s the exact number I was expecting. There isn’t anything special about that engine that would push it north of the competitors numbers. That’s the same number as the skidoo 850NA.

Can’t wait to obliterate this thing. I’ll have almost 50HP on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes that’s a far cry from the 186hp everyone was talking about. But that’s the exact number I was expecting. There isn’t anything special about that engine that would push it north of the competitors numbers. That’s the same number as the skidoo 850NA.

I guess I’ll just never understand the brand bashing thing. I’m a diehard Cat guy but you’ll never hear me bash another brand. And I don’t get why some of you guys so badly want the new Catalyst to suck. Like why? If it’s an amazing, game changing sled or it’s a huge flop, how does it even affect you? You’ll never be on one!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I’ll just never understand the brand bashing thing. I’m a diehard Cat guy but you’ll never hear me bash another brand. And I don’t get why some of you guys so badly want the new Catalyst to suck. Like why? If it’s an amazing, game changing sled or it’s a huge flop, how does it even affect you? You’ll never be on one!

Always been like this here. Some banter is funny, most of it is stupid. Starts at the top and dribbles down.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The banter is because most of us have a very low IQ and basically immature…
yes, true .....and then Maxwell is all of the above plus very insecure that he needs to keep telling himself (and all of us) that he's the best and has the bestest sled, with the bestest horsepower, and the bestest mountain machine, etc...... I'm sure you get the idea...just let him be.....

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Plus 50 pounds aswell, the turbo doos are the new turbo yammis. They work well. But there not the end all be alll in the handling department

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 15lbs difference between the 2025 165 expert, and the 165 boost slash.

Whats the weight of the cat 858 turbo?

Doesn’t exist. And not everybody wants to run a turbo for there riding style either

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we’re comparing weight of turbo sleds, to try to explain handling characteristics.
I think it’s more about weight placement than anything else. Back in the day a lot of companies went about mounting turbo kits a lot of different ways. Especially on the Yamahas. You could tell the difference riding them sleds to. Handling characters, and power delivery. I spent quite a bit of my time modding stuff to drop the weight lower in the chassis on one of my previous sleds.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 15lbs difference between the 2025 165 expert, and the 165 boost slash.

Whats the weight of the cat 858 turbo?

IMG_5018.jpeg

8 lbs less than this one. So 35 lbs lighter than a Tdoo and 210 hp.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Making up for insecurity

Top Bottom