Cat care extended warranty

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experiance with cat extended warranty
Aperantly they do not cover diagnostics or labour for some repairs

My son had a bad vibration on his m1000 and it took several hrs to get the clutch off and they broke it taking it off
they put an indicator on the drive shaft to find out it was ok leaving the cluch as the problem
now they say that the time spent on the cluch removal is diagnostic time and not covered and either will the assembly of a new clutch
so he will get a bill for several hrs labour when it sould all be warranty far as I can tell
does anyone know the policy for extended warranty
they sure dont mind taking your money for extended warranty and then pull that crap

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extended Care is a third party company that will only pay out to the dealer a pre determined cost for a job. Since the dealer in question had their own issues they are trying to recoup costs.

I would fight loud and hard. It was warranty work and not your problem that the the shop with the expertise and appropriate tools could not get the clutch off.

Been there.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experiance with cat extended warranty
Aperantly they do not cover diagnostics or labour for some repairs

My son had a bad vibration on his m1000 and it took several hrs to get the clutch off and they broke it taking it off
they put an indicator on the drive shaft to find out it was ok leaving the cluch as the problem
now they say that the time spent on the cluch removal is diagnostic time and not covered and either will the assembly of a new clutch
so he will get a bill for several hrs labour when it sould all be warranty far as I can tell
does anyone know the policy for extended warranty
they sure dont mind taking your money for extended warranty and then pull that crap

I call BULL on that. I have had issues before that required warranty(clutch blew up) and I called the dealer (Dons speed parts in wainright) and they took my sled in and fixed it and sent it out the door ready to go and the only cost was the deductable I had to pay for the cat warranty. I sugest you go slap your service manager in the teeth with a tong jaw and call em a douche canoe for trying to screw you then suggest that if he wants to F&*K you then he should be in politics not dealer service. Then call a reputable dealer and get the real story instead of trying to deal with a crooked dealership that all they want to do is screw you and make you pay for there messed up crap. Dons speed parts in wainright won dealer of the year again this year and are the reason why I drive cats,.......beacause there service is the best that I have experienced, I would call them if I were you, and forget the dealer you are putting up with right now

snowho

Reaction score
I hope u didn't take to the Calgary dealer
I agree about the dealer in Calgary. In a word TERRIBLE! I wanted a set of powder pro skies a few weeks ago and thought I would give the local dealer a chance. Had to contact them a three times to get pricing and availability. They would say "we will call you back" and never did. You would think that they would be interested in selling a $550.00 plus part, hell even return a phone call, but nothing ever happened so I ordered them from T&T. I never used Don's but have heard good things about them.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I deal with dons and they definitely are the reason I have a cat as well, very easy to deal with, always return calls and if I have any issues they jump to the plate and deliver. I bought a new sled there this year and they told me that if I had a problem on the sleds first ride which was in Valemount that they would pay for me to get a rental for the remainder of the trip, glad nothing happened but always nice to have that piece of mind:d

Captain Undies

Reaction score
I deal with dons and they definitely are the reason I have a cat as well, very easy to deal with, always return calls and if I have any issues they jump to the plate and deliver. I bought a new sled there this year and they told me that if I had a problem on the sleds first ride which was in Valemount that they would pay for me to get a rental for the remainder of the trip, glad nothing happened but always nice to have that piece of mind:d

Dons is the reason most people are riding the cats. There service beats any I have ever dealt with. If dons were a ski doo dealer i would be riding ski doo, or if he were polaris id be riding that. Its the sevice that sells, bottom line

Top Bottom