Castlegar/Norns up date?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Ladybird last Sat. Fought the snow and fog for most of the day but when it did clear off there was some really good riding. A good couple weeks left or more up there for sure!!

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're still parking in the main parking lot but if it keeps raining, we'll be parking a little up the road next week.

LB cabin has 13' consolidated snow on the tape measure.

The climb out of bulwinkle (back to the bottom of the bowl) is trenched all to hell. Need to lay in a new downtrack. Either than that, she's business as usual.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Ladybird last Sat. Fought the snow and fog for most of the day but when it did clear off there was some really good riding. A good couple weeks left or more up there for sure!!

Ha ha! You're not from around here are ya! :D June riding is the norm up Ladybird and if this cool weather sticks around it'll be into July, just can't be scared of a little dirt riding from the trucks to the good snow. :D

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's wednesday 1:30pm

Sun came out for a bit, looked out the shop up to the LB valley, white tree tops up high. Been raining on and off for three days....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! You're not from around here are ya! :D June riding is the norm up Ladybird and if this cool weather sticks around it'll be into July, just can't be scared of a little dirt riding from the trucks to the good snow. :D

I agree definetly could ride up there in June. What I meant was a couple good weeks of riding before the stumps and gravel starts coming out.:d

I definetly plan to ride that area again this year - probably mid May. Hopefully the weather co-operates!

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another decent dump of snow last night up top, snow line came down to around 1300m so I cant wait to hit it this weekend, weathers holding quite cool even at the house. 3 degrees @ 4:30 this morn. Heres picts from last sunday definatly riding june with a 15 ft snowpack at the end of april :beer:

Attachments

• April.2011 048.jpg
    April.2011 048.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 304
  • April.2011 004.jpg
    April.2011 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 296
  • April.2011 019.jpg
    April.2011 019.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 293
  • April.2011 023.jpg
    April.2011 023.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 289

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So which way are you guys riding in these days? Thinking of getting one last ride in this weekend.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Ladybird on Sat, hoping to unload between the bluffs and Fry's crossing. Apparently Goose ck side the creeks are running. Any reason why we (as a club) can't build a small bridge for spring riding? Build it off to the side so a truck can still use the main road in the summer/fall? I'd be happy to put in a few volunteer days this fall to make that happen.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Ladybird on Sat, hoping to unload between the bluffs and Fry's crossing. Apparently Goose ck side the creeks are running. Any reason why we (as a club) can't build a small bridge for spring riding? Build it off to the side so a truck can still use the main road in the summer/fall? I'd be happy to put in a few volunteer days this fall to make that happen.

I'd get in on that. Be a fun project for this summer. There's a couple of narrower spots that would be good, maybe higher up the gorge so it doesn't wash out. Probably will need to do both creeks.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd get in on that. Be a fun project for this summer. There's a couple of narrower spots that would be good, maybe higher up the gorge so it doesn't wash out. Probably will need to do both creeks.

I was thinking both creeks as well. Why doesn't the club check with forestry about the legallities and we'll make a work party for early fall. Shouldn't be a problem as I've seen many ATV clubs get the ok to put bridges across creeks.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking both creeks as well. Why doesn't the club check with forestry about the legallities and we'll make a work party for early fall. Shouldn't be a problem as I've seen many ATV clubs get the ok to put bridges across creeks.

Yeah, I doubt it would be an issue either. I'll look into it.

Reaction score
The thing is tho with the first creek, we made a bridge there fell 2 nice trees, 2 years ago and it woulda still been there till this day but the guys from town with there boggers/rock crawlers drag it out of the way and go 4x4ing up the creek bed. But having 2 bridges sounds like an awesome idea only if they wouldnt be draged out of the way every summer/fall...

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No water in it end of summer, dry lol

Oh, it's bad alright! Saw one of these clowns crack a transfer case in the creek two summers ago, it was ugly! I only know that they're from Nelson, but I'd like to turn them in!

The two main creeks up Goose run year round.

Top Bottom