Caroline - Conditions

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks hopefully we get some more snow and no more rain. It was a bit cold last year -27 when we unloaded but turn out to be a decent day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of conditions there are right now? Supposed to go riding with a group this weekend wonder if it's worth even pulling the sled out there

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of conditions there are right now? Supposed to go riding with a group this weekend wonder if it's worth even pulling the sled out there

It was barely worth It two weeks ago. Pretty sure things have gone downhill since then.

kfrey

Reaction score
i have a cabin in the west area and was out last weekend. Quads and side x sides can still go almost anywhere. All trails are rutted out. So far not enough snow to fill them in. If you want to run on partly filled quad trails, you're good. About 18" at the deepest. Enough for a rough trail ride.

Just not my kind of sledding.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, for a lack of anything better to do we went out Caroline way today. -18 when I left Red Deer, +10 in the staging area west of Caroline...

We crossed the river and found some snow, not much.

Capt560

Reaction score
Could anyone please describe in more detail where this staging area near Caroline is? Thanks.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
west of caroline on hiway 54 aprox where the pavement turns to gravel just past rig street and the old boundary service

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
W on 54 towards the Forestry Trunk Rd. past Rig Street, Boundary Rd. and then past the Swan Lake Rd. Gravel starts at the Swan Lake Rd. Onto the gravel and go a few miles and it will be on your left. Big sign last time I was out there and just follow the little road in if it looks passable.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out at 7 mile flats yesterday, from the north. Trunk road NOT plowed past cutoff creek turnoff. Just about stuck trying to turn around. Very little new snow compared to what we got at home and whats left wouldnt make for epic riding. Too bad, I was going to take my wife for a ride on the trapline.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you bring your wife on your trap line? could get interesting! haha, likely more snow around the boundary area, more trees etc. snow seems to just blow out of the mtn area's

Last edited:

Capt560

Reaction score
I was out at 7 mile flats yesterday, from the north. Trunk road NOT plowed past cutoff creek turnoff. Just about stuck trying to turn around. Very little new snow compared to what we got at home and whats left wouldnt make for epic riding. Too bad, I was going to take my wife for a ride on the trapline.

Thanks for the update on the conditions around there, we were thinking of going out there to check it today; guess we will just ride around the lake again today.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus 10 deg in nordegg right now sure it is the same around Caroline riding areas as well

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow might be rideable around Caroline I was in Spruce View today and there was 3-4 inches of fresh there. Further west may have gotten more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Any new information on the trails or snow for this season? I was up near RMH this week and it was not looking to bad. What about around Caroline?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty thin yet. Unless you are absolutely familiar with where you are going I would tap er pretty cool... Merry Christmas

Top Bottom