Caroline AB, SNOWMOBILE POKER RALLY, Jan 8, 2012

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can't see there being much snow. maybe for an older sled, but you'll be doing lots of damage t pricey suspension patrs. i'd klike to see some picks or confirmation of snow. also the elks don't mark the trail hazards very well and i'm thinking creeks will be flowing, been way to friggin warm.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can't see there being much snow. maybe for an older sled, but you'll be doing lots of damage t pricey suspension patrs. i'd klike to see some picks or confirmation of snow. also the elks don't mark the trail hazards very well and i'm thinking creeks will be flowing, been way to friggin warm.

Update:
Snow thin up top, and in the sunny areas! 3-4" at best. Might be 6-8" teaser snow in the shaded area's, very stumpy, and rocky in spots. Creeks will be open, however I don't see a problem for quads..... As I see it now the scenery looks to be favoring the quads, as the quad grooves are rutted nicely! I guess this also is dependant on which route is marked...Hopefully trail is better marked than previous years. Pretty sure the quad guys are gonna take this one... Thus said, make sure you have good tires for ice, as the top down to the lake is a skating rink; if you plan on turning around down the loop. There was a 6 degree in temp, from Phylis to Red Deer tonight.... Have fun Quadders, wish I owned a quad for winters like this one lol :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet nut''s the snow reminds me of yer head profile. you should head fer the trees. hehe jk

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet nut''s the snow reminds me of yer head profile. you should head fer the trees. hehe jk

Hey I know a guy on a Doo, he know's where to find decent Xmas tree's.... I hear that he uses a sled to chop em down haha....Something about the tree being fresher that way or longer lasting hahaha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also the guys that ride po po's have a problem with trees and control arms with trees in themMabe that's the way for down hill braking on a po po

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sure about this? haven't been that way in 2 weeks plus, there was still snow but with the temps can't see there being much left other than ice.

That's what he said...I called the 3rd number on the flyer...the one in handwriting. I think hi name was Albert??? He said they are planning on marking the trail tomorrow, and doing a final sweep for trees and such. I personally don't think I'd take my sled (not an issue, cause I sold it a couple weeks ago), but he said it should be alright. I think I'll be sticking around home for this one...if the creeks are open, she could be a chilly ride on the Renegade.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure as I drove out there this evening!!! To rough for my sled! A guy needs a 136 track ditch banger or quad for this area...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going in my quad. Who else is????

I bet if you car pool with Imdoo'n you both can go rip it Sunday!!!! I'm sure you'll find mud quick when spinning those quad tires HAHAHA Actually I'm thinking ICE is the keyword for Sunday......

Top Bottom