Carls Cycle Clutching Available in Calgary

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was so impressed with my Carl's clutch kit that I ordered a brand new P85 clutch from them and had them machine & balance and had the Carl's kit installed. Included with this kit is a Carl's custom dual helix, secondary spring and a roller bearing to make the secondary backshift really smoothly. This clutch/kit will be for sale on our web site in a couple days.

I also brought in a second kit without the clutch and it will be for sale too.

These kits are ideal on 163 800's for 4000-8000 ft. altitude.

I thought the Pro was good from stock but after riding a friend's sled with this kit last season, I had to have it and have been running it this season. I will be honest though and say that I run the milder Dalton weights only because I was attracted by the adjustability of their set screw design.

The shocking result of this setup is how snappy yet smooth the sled becomes.

We have a secondary spring compressor in our shop so we can help you with the install if you need it.

Chris

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the introductory price is $359 for the clutch kit and if you want the new clutch with machined sheave and balancing with the kit the price is $1195. plus gst. You can even use our Calgary shop (no charge) to install the parts into the secondary if you need it. (hardest part f you don`t have the right tools

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the stand alone kit is spoken for (less weights) but I can always get more. The price is dependant on the freight and exchange rate but I will do my best to keep the price attractive. I know if I can get a couple guys running these, their testimonials will sell for me.

ltw

Reaction score
I have the Carls Clutch in mine and your right, it is very snappy. I am running the EPI belly busters and the kit is worth the money.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the stand alone kit is spoken for (less weights) but I can always get more. The price is dependant on the freight and exchange rate but I will do my best to keep the price attractive. I know if I can get a couple guys running these, their testimonials will sell for me.

Looking forward to it...Thanks, Chris...see you tomorrow!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put about 700 miles on this kit last winter and was very happy with it. Made the sled much snappier and responsive to throttle blasts. You will not really gain any top end power but if you ride trees with constant on/off throttle you will notice a huge difference. Tried both helix settings and think that the 62/42 setting is the best.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The set up is awesome!! I am running a 3"x156 w/7 tooth drivers and found that the 60-40-40 works best for me in the deep stuff. I'm going to play around with some different primary weights and figure out the best combo for me...I will post my findings!!

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was so impressed with my Carl's clutch kit that I ordered a brand new P85 clutch from them and had them machine & balance and had the Carl's kit installed. Included with this kit is a Carl's custom dual helix, secondary spring and a roller bearing to make the secondary backshift really smoothly. This clutch/kit will be for sale on our web site in a couple days.

I also brought in a second kit without the clutch and it will be for sale too.

These kits are ideal on 163 800's for 4000-8000 ft. altitude.

I thought the Pro was good from stock but after riding a friend's sled with this kit last season, I had to have it and have been running it this season. I will be honest though and say that I run the milder Dalton weights only because I was attracted by the adjustability of their set screw design.

The shocking result of this setup is how snappy yet smooth the sled becomes.

We have a secondary spring compressor in our shop so we can help you with the install if you need it.

Chris

Are you still stocking these kits? Whats all included?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still stocking these kits? Whats all included?

I have a new clutch, balanced and machined with belly buster weights and spring installed. I have the secondary springs, and roller bearing but out of stock on the helix. I expect they will be in stock soon.

Chris

Top Bottom