Carbon Fiber M7 Turbo!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While hanging around Spindrift I ran into a guy that I went sledding with a long time ago,He has come a long way and Im looking forward to seeing him ride again at MM09.Was good to chat it up again with you Kerri(mcoops),wait till you see this guy ride.
catmando!

Attachments

• PB280010.jpg
    PB280010.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 49
  • PB280011.jpg
    PB280011.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 49

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
where is the carbon fiber ?

looks like the tunnel & bulkhead is carbon fibre........... Saw one 2 weeks ago that had the front control arm on the right front ripped out of the carbon fibre bulkhead, caused by the creek crossing the trail up to renshaw!..... Non-repairable????? Ouch!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how come in the pics on another thread its orange?

Not sure,must be a different sled and a different owner unless you are talking about the M7 he was riding last year.This is a different sled.
catmando!

wombat

Reaction score
there is no carbon fiber on that sled it is a titainium tube chassis. The carbon sled that you saw broken is being repaired. We knew the front a-arm attachment points were weak going into that day, it was going back for new front end design at the end of that day, but we had to try it to see how the motor would run... at least we made it a good 20k :)

We rode the updated carbon fiber chassis the rest of the weekend and no problems. This is an R&D thing but I have no doubt the carbon fiber deal is going to be very stong, its just the road to success is often paved with Chit..HAHA

pound for pound coopers Ti Tm7 weighs bout the same as the carbon fiber 1200T.

Fun year it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
there is no carbon fiber on that sled it is a titainium tube chassis. The carbon sled that you saw broken is being repaired. We knew the front a-arm attachment points were weak going into that day, it was going back for new front end design at the end of that day, but we had to try it to see how the motor would run... At least we made it a good 20k :)

we rode the updated carbon fiber chassis the rest of the weekend and no problems. This is an r&d thing but i have no doubt the carbon fiber deal is going to be very stong, its just the road to success is often paved with chit..haha

pound for pound coopers ti tm7 weighs bout the same as the carbon fiber 1200t.

Fun year it will be.

okay, now you've got attention..... I saw you guys on the trail (my son and i were coming down and you guys were heading up..... We cut back to km23 to try and cross the river, but no go.....) who did the carbon fibre tunnel/bulkhead? Fill us in, and any pics??? Are you going to put them into production???? Can the carbon fibre one that had the control arms pulled out be repaired???

wombat

Reaction score
It a full carbon fiber setup, tunnel and bulkhead. and skid (from nextech). Yes, carbon fiber can be repaired very easily, same process as fiberglass, infact it is not out of the question that one could repair carbon fiber in the trailer after a ride. However the final product should never need repair. The tunnel and bulkhead are vacuum formed with military grade carbon fiber and epoxy. Infact it drills harder than steel.

The company is called ACL composites, based out of Salmon Arm.

The rest of that weekend we tested the Carbon Fiber Turbo Apex. under 500 pounds easy, which for an apex is very impressive.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ric BigIQ? has a tunnel, and bulk head done by them on his IQ440 race chassis sled.

Attachments

• DSC01823.JPG
    DSC01823.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 52

wombat

Reaction score
you would best call Kevin at advantec and confirm because I honestly dont know what they are going be, however the number i thought they were working towards was 6500. I dont think that is unreasonable based on if you bought a CR tunnel and stock bulkhead it would run you somwhere around 3700. Carbon Fiber setup is about half the weight so double the price (which it is not) is not crazy, I know how much the Ti chasis is, and its more. Cf should be stronger when done properly and it's repairability is much easier.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would best call Kevin at advantec and confirm because I honestly dont know what they are going be, however the number i thought they were working towards was 6500. I dont think that is unreasonable based on if you bought a CR tunnel and stock bulkhead it would run you somwhere around 3700. Carbon Fiber setup is about half the weight so double the price (which it is not) is not crazy, I know how much the Ti chasis is, and its more. Cf should be stronger when done properly and it's repairability is much easier.

Are you slammin the ti turbo m (sounds like a singapore hooker)? The carbon fibre has many hurdles to overcome before I am sold, very cool cool and light though. But I got first hand experience of how tuff the ti chassy is this weekend. I hit a rock wide open go uphill hill that put a 12' gap between where I hit the rock and where I landed up the hill and it comlpetly shear off the upper and lower a arms and bent the shock in half and never even twisted the bulkhead or suspension brackets. I was bambusald!!! Can't wait till you get that thing mobile!

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While hanging around Spindrift I ran into a guy that I went sledding with a long time ago,He has come a long way and Im looking forward to seeing him ride again at MM09.Was good to chat it up again with you Kerri(mcoops),wait till you see this guy ride.
catmando!

Come on Catmando, I thought we agreed no paparazzi shots lol??? I think the ti chassy looks good on you, maybe time to upgrade the ol kingkat?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come on Catmando, I thought we agreed no paparazzi shots lol??? I think the ti chassy looks good on you, maybe time to upgrade the ol kingkat?

I said I wouldnt post em if you didnt want me too LOL!They were innocent pics.All that talk about carbon fibre got me mixed up!
Look what I started!
catmando!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, now give me a rough price on what a tunnel/bulkhead and skid would be worth.... Isn't carbon fibre real expensive??

friend of mine has a CF rt1000. lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 110ish pounds with a 60L tank.

Top Bottom