cant reach peak rpm

gdawg

Reaction score
my 08 xp, as of my first ride this year i cant hit peak rpm 8200 or so it will hit 7900 no matter on the trail or up the hill. it seemed fine last year from what i remember. clickers were on 3, i went to 4. no changed then to 5 no change still 7900. any help thanks

Dynacorkle

Reaction score
Time for clutch rebuilds. Should rise with the clickers. I had to do my 08 xp's this year. Must be binding somehow.

xrsrev

Reaction score
if you havent had your clutch apart, Order djs clutch kit and get a new spring cup. Honestly his kit does wonders for that sled and you will be thankful for it! You can get it done pretty much anywhere. Look him up! Dynamoe Joe! He is very helpful if you have any problems and his instructional videos are on you tube as well. Hope this helps!

gdawg

Reaction score
dynamo joe kits. isnt that for secondary. i need primary rebuild

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need part number BRP#417222759 - Spring Cover Ass'y. And while you're in the primary....DJ's kit includes pins and a primary spring, as well as a helix for your secondary. I also recommend putting in DJ's mountain ramps....since you're in there and the stock 413's aren't the greatest ramps.

Edit: we're all guessing it is in your clutch as this is very common on the 08's. There are numerous other things that can cause low RPM on the 800r motor....Rave valve problems, DPM sticking, overheating will lower the timing, deto sensor....

Last edited:

gdawg

Reaction score
i had my primary rebuilt last year for mountain app. around 600 kms on it since. i have team secondary with same kms. what if, beginning of this season i cleaned my rave valves, is there a way to tell how tight to screw them in. i may have over tightened them ive heard that will lower your rpm in top range?

Top Bottom