Canadian Tire in Lloyd..

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass on the experience we had on our way from Saskatoon to Edmonton today. About 1 hr East of Lloyd, the front drivers side wheel bearing started to make noise. By the time we got to Lloyd, it totaly destroyed and I managed to limp it into the CT partking lot. I went inside to talk to the guy at the service counter and he said we are usually closed but decided to stay open today because it was so cold and there will be lots of families traveling. Turns out they were taking customers on a first come first served basis. Within 2 hours, they had replaced the hub and bearing and we were on our way.

Just nice to have a shop open when you need it, for a bit it looked like Christmas in a Lloyd hotel room!

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even better, today I was looking at the invoice and he quoted me 1.8 hrs and actual time was 2.1 because they had to change the cv boot as well and he only charged me the quoted rate!

I don't often find myself looking to them for service as I don't usually support the big chains. I usually prefer choosing a independant shop or do the work myself. I think I will swing through with a couple boxes of doughnuts for the boys in the shop on my way home.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even better, today I was looking at the invoice and he quoted me 1.8 hrs and actual time was 2.1 because they had to change the cv boot as well and he only charged me the quoted rate!

I don't often find myself looking to them for service as I don't usually support the big chains. I usually prefer choosing a independant shop or do the work myself. I think I will swing through with a couple boxes of doughnuts for the boys in the shop on my way home.

I'm sure they will appreciate that

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome story thx for sharing! So rare to hear that it hepls things look up in our society these days with all the nasty crap going on everywhere!

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped in there on my way out east from Edmonton to grab a couple jugs of oil that were on sale, everyone was friendly and unlike the Fort Rd Crappy tire, they actually had it in stock! And hey princess auto is right across the street!

tnttrev

Reaction score
nice to see compliments, and not bashing! I run a small shop and sometimes a thanx makes my week!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! I always think of CT as the last place I would ever take my truck to to get worked on.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! I always think of CT as the last place I would ever take my truck to to get worked on.

I feel the same way but the guy that was working on my truck was on his game. He looked like the shop foreman of sorts, directing other guys, moving vehicles around etc. They also give warranty on all the repairs they do. Their shop rate is $109.00 / hr., not sure how that compares to a dealer or other shops.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree, its good that you say the good things here, because it will come back 10 x over his way. I will make sure to shop there when on my way through, Great job CTC

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey that is great to hear.... Good job Canadian Tire in Lloyd... The management and team r what makes the difference.

Top Bottom