canadian military bases turned into refugee camps

Pantherscry

Reaction score
Our GDP and GDP per Capita is very similar to those countries. Higher then some lower then others...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on bud you don't think we live in a wealthy country. We are the one percent compared to the rest of the world. Its more like we are spoiled and bratty if we don't wish to help our fellow human being. Don't get me wrong, there are people to allow in and then there are people that cannot be. Syrian's in general are very well educated people and do not fit the "imagine" some portray of them. Also, FYI, Iceland/Ireland were nearly bankrupt not to long ago so they don't fit the list. Anyway, not here to argue but I believe some compassion is necessary especially since the west helped create the mess in their homeland. If we need to cut back on immigrants / refugees we need to close the doors for a while on China and India IMO and give other nationalities some chances. They are not threatened or bombed and definitely fit the "economic immigrant" which we don't need anymore for now.

Finland. Sweden. Norway. Denmark. Switzerland. New Zealand. Iceland. Australia. Ireland.

Shall I keep going?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
come on bud you don't think we live in a wealthy country. We are the one percent compared to the rest of the world. Its more like we are spoiled and bratty if we don't wish to help our fellow human being. Don't get me wrong, there are people to allow in and then there are people that cannot be. Syrian's in general are very well educated people and do not fit the "imagine" some portray of them. Also, FYI, Iceland/Ireland were nearly bankrupt not to long ago so they don't fit the list. Anyway, not here to argue but I believe some compassion is necessary especially since the west helped create the mess in their homeland. If we need to cut back on immigrants / refugees we need to close the doors for a while on China and India IMO and give other nationalities some chances. They are not threatened or bombed and definitely fit the "economic immigrant" which we don't need anymore for now.
You bleeding hearts that think our country has all this money for these people, why will you not just answer the question of why, with all this money our country apparently has, we cannot properly care for our seniors and veterans.

Honestly, just answer that.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very simple…………….. our politicians refuse to do so. There is no other reason. With decades of more/less prosperity in this country, low unemployment, interest rates etc etc I am confused as well. Also, very poor management of our money. Pretty sad!

You bleeding hearts that think our country has all this money for these people, why will you not just answer the question of why, with all this money our country apparently has, we cannot properly care for our seniors and veterans.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
very simple…………….. our politicians refuse to do so. There is no other reason. With decades of more/less prosperity in this country, low unemployment, interest rates etc etc I am confused as well. Also, very poor management of our money. Pretty sad!
And now, there is none left.

I just think we need to look after our own first. If you could afford to take in ONE person and help them out, would it be your father, who's been living basically on the streets, or would it be a complete stranger? (Leaving your father "on the streets")

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good luck .....

Pantherscry

Reaction score

I just think we need to look after our own first. If you could afford to take in ONE person and help them out, would it be your father, who's been living basically on the streets, or would it be a complete stranger? (Leaving your father "on the streets")

There should be plenty to do both, but the political will is lacking to take care of vets and seniors. The point is it's not the money we are lacking it's the will to spend it properly.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand why it comes down to helping them or our own and no middle ground. Anyway, this has been hashed out on another thread so lets just agree to disagree. Not here to get all stressed out but have some fun.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I just don't understand why it comes down to helping them or our own and no middle ground. Anyway, this has been hashed out on another thread so lets just agree to disagree. Not here to get all stressed out but have some fun.
Because our government either can't afford to or just don't want to help both. Seems like they would rather "look good" to the rest of the world. Guess there's nothing you or I can do about it anyway...

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say, if you don't have a blood line going back at least 10,000 years on this land, you should have your freeloading ass deported.

'murica.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we speak of political will , I wish that would mean that pipelines that safely transport our energy products ,get built east to west coast ! Quebec stops dumping millions of gallons of raw sewage into Canada's water ways . Quebec is forced to buy Canadian oil.....instead of supporting countries that fund world wide terrorists....!!
Thats political will for a start!
but don't count on that from obama2:0

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have seniors who were lucky enough to grow old together, now we split many of them up for the remainder of their lives, cause there's no money, we have kids who were unlucky enough to be born with loser useless parents, they grow up disadvantaged, cause there's no money, we have single parents , not all irresponsible, who need help with child care and post school education but there's no money, our education system is screwed up , cause there's no money ( and cause of the duma$$ nobody can hear no or nobody can fail crowd) , we can't support our military vets who ACTUALLY fought to keep us free , cause there's no money , we have a huge homelessness problem certainly as bad as the countries we're being asked to assist, but there's no money. etc , BUT,
we have money to provide those services and more to people from other countries, sure probably deserving, but why more deserving than our own ? Why do I have to stand by and see this happen when I don't agree with it, why shouldn't it be a choice. Why shouldn't my proportionate share of these monies be directed where I deem it go, why does my contribution get lumped in and disappear in initiatives by the bleeding heart save the poor folks in other countries and watch our own disadvantaged suffer. Bull$hit, You wanna save a refugee first, fly at at , at your house, you step up and sponsor them , you and your family take the risk , the financial responsibility, cause I'd rather see my dollars help closer to home, fix those problems first.
Bleeding heart, hug me, see me being so wonderful, save the planet types need a wake up call, can see all these horrors across the ocean but not across the street.
We are gonna be sorry for these latest endeavours, probably not us , but our children, and we should be ashamed.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem with Vancouver's homeless is that they don't want to have housing etc etc. They have been on record saying that with the explanation "homeless" is a life style they want and choose as they do not want to be controlled by society. Granted not all feel the same but a huge percentage (I heard over 65%) feel this way.

Google "homeless in Vancouver". Lets deal with this first.

Pantherscry

Reaction score
I would like to know how many "refugees" Panther is going to board at his house?

Im also not taking homeless people into my house. That doesn't change the fact that I think public money should go to supporting them.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yawn…….

We have seniors who were lucky enough to grow old together, now we split many of them up for the remainder of their lives, cause there's no money, we have kids who were unlucky enough to be born with loser useless parents, they grow up disadvantaged, cause there's no money, we have single parents , not all irresponsible, who need help with child care and post school education but there's no money, our education system is screwed up , cause there's no money ( and cause of the duma$$ nobody can hear no or nobody can fail crowd) , we can't support our military vets who ACTUALLY fought to keep us free , cause there's no money , we have a huge homelessness problem certainly as bad as the countries we're being asked to assist, but there's no money. etc , BUT,
we have money to provide those services and more to people from other countries, sure probably deserving, but why more deserving than our own ? Why do I have to stand by and see this happen when I don't agree with it, why shouldn't it be a choice. Why shouldn't my proportionate share of these monies be directed where I deem it go, why does my contribution get lumped in and disappear in initiatives by the bleeding heart save the poor folks in other countries and watch our own disadvantaged suffer. Bull$hit, You wanna save a refugee first, fly at at , at your house, you step up and sponsor them , you and your family take the risk , the financial responsibility, cause I'd rather see my dollars help closer to home, fix those problems first.
Bleeding heart, hug me, see me being so wonderful, save the planet types need a wake up call, can see all these horrors across the ocean but not across the street.
We are gonna be sorry for these latest endeavours, probably not us , but our children, and we should be ashamed.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that being said about bldg. mosques and etc.. etc... I guess what really gets me is the fact that our fed Government feels the need to give these people a Meal Allowance of 186$ a day for a family of 4. That works out to 5580$ a month tax free who the Fawk needs to go to work I wouldn,t making that kind of $. Also most of these peeps have 5 or 6 kids, and don't know what birth control is do you honestly think they will not have another 2 or 3 living in Canada with the kind of $ they are getting tax free. I have a buddy in the military and when he was in Afghanistan that's the meal allowance they were paid for putting there ass on the line. So come on people tell me what the fawk is wrong with this picture. I agree with what others have said here about you come here supported by private sponsor of not at all, and we as a Country all ready divided look after our own first seniors vets etc...

Top Bottom