Canadian Avalanche Association - Donation

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After checking out the conditions on the website this weekend I noticed that the tough times has not only fallen on us, but the people who help us enjoy the outdoors.

I was wondering if people would be interested in donations to the CAA for all the hard work and likely lives they have saved by said work.

Maybe Snow and Mud could set-up a common donation to show the support from the sledders to help set us apart.

Here is the note posted on their bulletins page:

-----------------------------
We need your help!

Tough economic times mean that funding is short everywhere. We are also facing increased demand for services, such as snowmobile oriented programs.

If you use the public avalanche bulletins and other CAC products please consider giving a little back this year. The CAC is not a government organization, and we depend on funding from a variety of sources including you. Here are some ways you can contribute:
-----------------------------

More information can be found on the CCA website.

Quinn

EDIT: Also go out and buy "The Fine Line" video put out by the Canadian Avalanche Association. Some great footage of sledding, skiing and boarding. Also some basic information regarding avalanche safety.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree that there should be an online donation setup through this site. We have done it on the Snow & Mud site before.....for the Renshaw horses and the families of the 8 victims from Fernie. The CAC is such a valuable tool, but more still needs to be done in terms of getting more forecasters in certain areas.

I just took my AST 1 with Zacs Tracs and they have hats that they donate to the CAC....$20 buys a Zacs Tracs hat and they give the $20 back to the CAC. I've got my film "The Fine Line"....it is a great film and awesome reference for avalanche safety.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Yes the funding is tight for the CAC which is public site used by all outdoor enthusiasts.
There are 2 of the major OEM's which participate and only BCA seems to be an aftermarket company who supports directly. I am sure there are several aftermarket companies who do nothing for the long term health of the industry but continue to take. Please pressure these companies with your next buying decision and ask them if they do support the CAC.

Recent fundraising for CAC from the Sledder community.
Thunderstruck 8/ Boost 4 Premiere in Revy end of Novemeber we auctioned off avy gear from SRS, Revy club, Rough Country Marine........raised $700...........donated to CAC.
Snow Mud Banquet last weekend in Revy. Yamaha/Klim apparel was auctioned........raised $780......back to CAC.
Big Dawg Shootout in Pemberton/Whistler 2008........donated $1,000 to CAC after event.

We are do-gooders.......when you have any local function plan to have the CAC as beneficiary if it really is important to you.
Safe sledding
RS

Top Bottom