Can ams 2014 lineup out today

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a maverick? The price seems steep but when comparing it to that Chinese cereal box toy rzr it is light years ahead in suspension,power,features and fit and finish. Defrinetly will be prying the $ from my bank next season whether they like it or not hahahaha ha.

So 60" is narrower? I measured 56 centre o centre on this 13. But the atv dimensions must be to the outside?

Also you will need a long box with the tailgate down. It won't fit on my 8ft sled deck by a few inches.

Overal width is 64" for standard maverick. They are 2"/side narrower. I'm hoping with the rear axles being swept back that they also shortened the wheelbase a couple inches. I have a tool box in my truck so the front end will be raised and I have a superdty short box. Planning on building a platform that goes in reciever for rear tires to sit on that my tent trailer will hook up to as well. Haven't tried a maverick, to be honest I have only seen two at dealers. They are super hard to come by but from what I've seen I am very impressed. If I can't pack it in my truck its a deal breaker for me plain and simple. Gonna give it a little bit. With ac having 50" wildcat and I suspect new rzr models comin and Yamaha has to do something as much as I think the maverick is tops think there may be some solid options coming that are friendlier to my budget

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a maverick? The price seems steep but when comparing it to that Chinese cereal box toy rzr it is light years ahead in suspension,power,features and fit and finish. Defrinetly will be prying the $ from my bank next season whether they like it or not hahahaha ha.

So 60" is narrower? I measured 56 centre o centre on this 13. But the atv dimensions must be to the outside?

Also you will need a long box with the tailgate down. It won't fit on my 8ft sled deck by a few inches.

can am d!ck riders... you dont even own any of those machines so i find that is a very unfair claim.

the can am is not "lightyears ahead" (poor rear suspension set up, electronic nannies, poor engine placement, etc)

yea the fit and finish is better, but why do you feel the need to bash everything and circle jerk everything can am related.

there is a reason polaris dominates the side by side market. can am is finally getting there act together, (Commander LOL) but its still not an XP killer.

that being said, i would love to race you on a motocross track with a bone stock rzr xp, and embarrass you.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can am d!ck riders... you dont even own any of those machines so i find that is a very unfair claim.

the can am is not "lightyears ahead" (poor rear suspension set up, electronic nannies, poor engine placement, etc)

yea the fit and finish is better, but why do you feel the need to bash everything and circle jerk everything can am related.

there is a reason polaris dominates the side by side market. can am is finally getting there act together, (Commander LOL) but its still not an XP killer.

that being said, i would love to race you on a motocross track with a bone stock rzr xp, and embarrass you.
Kinda sounds like the nature of the beast No different than the poo boy's stroking each other's winky while replacing front end parts .My buddies S$S see's very little mud 95% sand dunes and he at best get a 1000km on Brg and bushing in the front of his He's tired of it .He's looking at a wildcat Like's the commander ,but doesn't like the dealer. Same sh!t different pile.Run whatcha brung and have fun. Cheers

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wrote that comment just for you. I'm not a can am dick rider. I actually do not enjoy atving. But once the sxs market grew it became much more enjoyable. The rzr is what my first experiences were on and had a lot of fun. The reason Polaris dominates sxs market is price point. People will buy something 5000$ cheaper just for that reason without even considering the differences/ and Polaris is great for that in there products. They build an awesome basic machine is what it boils down too and I wish can am would do the same but I don't ever see it happening they like being the best not the cheapest. And there is nothing wrong with that. I would be looking hard at a rzr 900 for the simple fact that I'm not a pro sxs rider like you do I really need the best of the best?....no I don't. Proly never will. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it and buy it anyways lmao. Commander is a utv not a sport sxs so I'm not sure what your point is about that but anyways....I would also love to race you and watch you destroy me too. I still fear rolling over And mash the brakes on in the corners. So yes you being a experienced sxs rider would probly beat me on a John Deere gator. The point is the maverick is not more expensive for no reason. It has extra features the xp just doesn't have and people pay for that. Myself included. Whether or not you need or want those features is a different story. That's all I'm getting at. I Iike electronic nanies it means I won't kill myself. Poor engine placement? That's up for debate. Rear suspension? It has more clearance for one. And doesn't have trailing arms like we had on sleds 10 years ago. Any videos online clearly show the maverick with an edge. Granted it is heavier.

Last edited:

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wrote that comment just for you. I'm not a can am dick rider. I actually do not enjoy atving. But once the sxs market grew it became much more enjoyable. The rzr is what my first experiences were on and had a lot of fun. The reason Polaris dominates sxs market is price point. People will buy something 5000$ cheaper just for that reason without even considering the differences/ and Polaris is great for that in there products. They build an awesome basic machine is what it boils down too and I wish can am would do the same but I don't ever see it happening they like being the best not the cheapest. And there is nothing wrong with that. I would be looking hard at a rzr 900 for the simple fact that I'm not a pro sxs rider like you do I really need the best of the best?....no I don't. Proly never will. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it and buy it anyways lmao. Commander is a utv not a sport sxs so I'm not sure what your point is about that but anyways....I would also love to race you and watch you destroy me too. I still fear rolling over And mash the brakes on in the corners. So yes you being a experienced sxs rider would probly beat me on a John Deere gator. The point is the maverick is not more expensive for no reason. It has extra features the xp just doesn't have and people pay for that. Myself included. Whether or not you need or want those features is a different story. That's all I'm getting at. I Iike electronic nanies it means I won't kill myself. Poor engine placement? That's up for debate. Rear suspension? It has more clearance for one. And doesn't have trailing arms like we had on sleds 10 years ago. Any videos online clearly show the maverick with an edge. Granted it is heavier.

all valid points, it just erks me a little when people hate for no reason. thank you for an informative, and polite response. i guess you just rustled my jimmies a little :cool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
all valid points, it just erks me a little when people hate for no reason. thank you for an informative, and polite response. i guess you just rustled my jimmies a little :cool:

Mr Hamster, are you aware of the upcoming ATV Rodeo & Drag Races in Bruderheim?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Side by side on a Moto X track? Hittin the big triples or what?? Vilopoto look out....lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RZR 900 & Maverick are both great machines......Both have things that work better than the other. The 900 XP is proven and totally dominates the sxs events in alll class`s....who knows the Mav might put up a better fight.
In regards to the QE visco lock / power steering issue.........Sorry the QE is NOT just for mudders..lol Try rock crawling,hill climbing,technical trails...ETC ETC. If i am climbing a rutted up super technical rocky hill, i want 4 wheels driving !! WITHOUT having to hold it pinned for that to happen.

Power steering awwww, power steering. Well if you ride a SXS in western Alberta you are gonna have to go through a LOT of mud holes regardless if you are a mudder or not. Most times there is no way around them,just the deep center trail !!! SOOOO ,if you don`t mud and don`t want the QE diff to help you out in the mud, i would HIGHLY suggest you get the power steering because you WILL be dioing a lot of turning around where there is no room to do so......

Sorry ,just my opinion but the mav is kinda a joke with out QE diff & PS,when the commander has it...........With the DPS & QE though it is a true beast.Although i do think the 900 XP is more suited to our terrain.....imo.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RZR 900 & Maverick are both great machines......Both have things that work better than the other. The 900 XP is proven and totally dominates the sxs events in alll class`s....who knows the Mav might put up a better fight.
In regards to the QE visco lock / power steering issue.........Sorry the QE is NOT just for mudders..lol Try rock crawling,hill climbing,technical trails...ETC ETC. If i am climbing a rutted up super technical rocky hill, i want 4 wheels driving !! WITHOUT having to hold it pinned for that to happen.

Power steering awwww, power steering. Well if you ride a SXS in western Alberta you are gonna have to go through a LOT of mud holes regardless if you are a mudder or not. Most times there is no way around them,just the deep center trail !!! SOOOO ,if you don`t mud and don`t want the QE diff to help you out in the mud, i would HIGHLY suggest you get the power steering because you WILL be dioing a lot of turning around where there is no room to do so......

Sorry ,just my opinion but the mav is kinda a joke with out QE diff & PS,when the commander has it...........With the DPS & QE though it is a true beast.Although i do think the 900 XP is more suited to our terrain.....imo.

As rzrgade knows I'm not the biggest fan of Polaris. And I have owned more than one. I will buy and sell and toy just cause I can. That said the maverick is a sweet machine but.... The rzr kicks ass off road over the maverick. Following xp
900's all weekend and getting stuck in holes the xp crawled through with what I feel was being drivin by a inferior off roader. The 2014 QE should help but being heavier may hinder it. We will see if the can am is more stout over time. Also I hear the maverick is available in a 60" version for 20n14 which will be a huge plus. 30" silverbacks are coming for the next ride and that should test the drivetrain

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why BRP dropped the 800 XMR? I was looking on the web site and they only show the 1000 and 650. IMO that was a dumb move.

Keep calm and BRAAAPP on!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal about power steering is... I don't like it at all. Im not 80 for one... And when getting aggressive on the trail I would much rather FEEL what I am doing.... I have a maverick and I LOVE the fact it doesnt... I like having some feedback in the wheel and I really like when you get really aggressive with it going crazy on a trail the feedback/slight pull in the wheel lets you know where your wheels are and whats going to happen when you get out of the corner.. Power steering feels to much like a video game to me. But for the guys the love the five hour car washes and seeing who can go the farthest through the super deep swamp or slough or whatever... yes...I could see why you would want power steering if your going to jack it up and put big mud tires on it and do 15kms an hour all day doing 15 point turns in the trees on a machine that was race inspired and designed for higher speeds and bumps and jumps. The maverick and the RZR were both desgined for that and they both do a good job of it. You wont see them buried up to the steering wheel in any of thier vid's or brochues so saying one is better than the other in the mud and stuff... Really doesnt mean a whole lot! That would be like trying to figure out wich family sedan is better for off roading.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal about power steering is... I don't like it at all. Im not 80 for one... And when getting aggressive on the trail I would much rather FEEL what I am doing.... I have a maverick and I LOVE the fact it doesnt... I like having some feedback in the wheel and I really like when you get really aggressive with it going crazy on a trail the feedback/slight pull in the wheel lets you know where your wheels are and whats going to happen when you get out of the corner.. Power steering feels to much like a video game to me. But for the guys the love the five hour car washes and seeing who can go the farthest through the super deep swamp or slough or whatever... yes...I could see why you would want power steering if your going to jack it up and put big mud tires on it and do 15kms an hour all day doing 15 point turns in the trees on a machine that was race inspired and designed for higher speeds and bumps and jumps. The maverick and the RZR were both desgined for that and they both do a good job of it. You wont see them buried up to the steering wheel in any of thier vid's or brochues so saying one is better than the other in the mud and stuff... Really doesnt mean a whole lot! That would be like trying to figure out wich family sedan is better for off roading.

It's easy to convince yourself you don't need/want power steering when you don't have it. We've all been there lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
It's easy to convince yourself you don't need/want power steering when you don't have it. We've all been there lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Except for when you have the option of going with or without... and still choose to go without....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a renny 800 with out. Outlander 1000 and renny 1000 with ps. I will Never go back. Coming from u this is funny. It's like saying t-motion is gay. Xp's carve awesome. Just use more body language. Lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Had a renny 800 with out. Outlander 1000 and renny 1000 with ps. I will Never go back. Coming from u this is funny. It's like saying t-motion is gay. Xp's carve awesome. Just use more body language. Lol

he's giving his personal opinion, not a sales pitch. Everyone has their preferences, that being said my next quad will have power steering. The only side by side I've done any riding in had power steering so I have nothing to compare it to (unless T-team wants to loan me his maverick for a weekend?????)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Lol.. OK.. Im saying for MY riding style I would rather NOT have it! Obviosly having power steering is WAY more convienient and easy to turn I didnt say anything about anything being gay lol. I LIKE the feedback! I wouldnt trust myself going wide open on a trail with lots of corners and stuff not knowing what my wheels are doing.. OBVIOSLY it sounds like its just me that feels this way LOL!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T Team are you going to be at the Campout? If you are come over for a beer with the maverick and we can park beside each other and compare.

Top Bottom