can am vs highlifter

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the can am 800 or 1000 and there looks like a huge difference in ground clearance

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a 1000,and 3 inch difference in groung clearance,,snow was not deep.the xp 1000 kicked the commanders ass,
What was the can am 800 or 1000 and there looks like a huge difference in ground clearance

srxdude

Reaction score
How about comparing apples to apples. A commander is only 85 horse compared to 110 horse of the highlifter. Try a maverick next time. Then you might have something to brag about.

Last edited:

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bragging srxdude,having fun with my nephew who was doing all the bragging .and you are correct about comparing apples to apples.i am sure one day i will run into a mavrick and give it a try

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That highlifter rzr is bad a$$, nice ride. I think only the turbo maverik would stand a chance from what i have seen. But then thats not apples to apples.

srxdude

Reaction score
sorry man should not have put that in there then. just saw a race that wasn't by two similar machines. and yes polaris is making some wicked machines now.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bragging srxdude,having fun with my nephew who was doing all the bragging .and you are correct about comparing apples to apples.i am sure one day i will run into a mavrick and give it a try

1000 vs 1000. It's a fair comparison. And the maverick is a turd too. Either way rzr wins

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One wonders when canam will learn you can not build a serious sport SXS with an outdated utility chassis....adding more power and new shocks does not really cut it...
popo took the time and R&D to build multiple chassis for each application, be it trail , dune ,dessert ,mud etc etc.....the duners love the canam motors , but laugh at the outdated a arm suspension. The trail riders can't use a canam on 50 inch trails....
While it may save canam a few $ to build the same machine with various engine and a arm changes , it still just does not work....period.

For example picture GM putting a Z06 motor in a surburban...it fits ? But why...lol
there is a reason popo dominates sales and podiums in nearly all SXS events....

Last edited:
Top Bottom