Can Am side by side

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know what a sasquatch and a loc ness monster looks like too..but have you ever actually seen one...???

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know what a sasquatch and a loc ness monster looks like too..but have you ever actually seen one...???

LOL. My RZR ridin' buddy keeps calling the Can Am SxS the "Snuffalupagus"...hahaha.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
i have a spy shot of the can am side by side!! lots great, with any luck it will have a 1200cc motor!!!

Got one of those cloth/tarp type covers on it so you can't tell what it really looks like:confused::confused:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Get a good look at the picture, there requesting it be removed on forums now. Hmmm, havn't got my email so its up on here. Maybe its the real deal.

Can-am side by side picture
Can-am UTV picture

Attachments

• commander.jpg
    commander.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not quite what I was expecting aesthetically, but I'd bet it does what it should and then some... I assume the cosmetics will change somewhat once they get things finalized and rolling onto the showroom floor.

Now, do I want to keep my Renegade or should I be trading up to this puppy?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep watching for it guys, were heading down to RENO to look at it on the 7th of next month.. i will be on there web site that day.

as a dealer we cant even get any info on it. as to how many models or what engins ect.

so June 7th look for it.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear all the disappointment after all the expectation's people have had, I'm sure it will be a great machine but I think it won't be that much more than all the rest because of liability issues. :twocents:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear all the disappointment after all the expectation's people have had, I'm sure it will be a great machine but I think it won't be that much more than all the rest because of liability issues. :twocents:
yeah, people sure complain about the disappointment in their outlanders and renegades.

what are these liability issues of which you speak? like the liability issues faced my motorcycle manufacturers and their 300 km/hr sportbikes?

"your honor, it's my belief that because this new Can-Am Commander UTV is so powerful that my client shouldn't be responsible for his actions...."
lionel-hutz-picture.jpg

:Happy4:

Smidgy

Reaction score
yeah, people sure complain about the disappointment in their outlanders and renegades.

what are these liability issues of which you speak? like the liability issues faced my motorcycle manufacturers and their 300 km/hr sportbikes?

"your honor, it's my belief that because this new Can-Am Commander UTV is so powerful that my client shouldn't be responsible for his actions...."
lionel-hutz-picture.jpg

I agree with you totally, but with what happened with the rhino, it seems sxs have been painted with a different brush and are apparently a problem when it comes to liability to your product, just ask yamaha how they feel about it, they have had to add doors, pull out swaybars, and handles, heck they even pulled production for 2010 and went directly to 2011...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I agree with you totally, but with what happened with the rhino, it seems sxs have been painted with a different brush and are apparently a problem when it comes to liability to your product, just ask yamaha how they feel about it, they have had to add doors, pull out swaybars, and handles, heck they even pulled production for 2010 and went directly to 2011...

Reason why no 2010 rhino economy in the US went for chits and had a way over abundance of stock....so contribute to the failing economy and put a bunch of people outta work rather than reducing prices and make everyone happy

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lionel-hutz-picture.jpg

I'm not saying they won't be the best machine out there but some of the wild speculation of 90hp, 1200cc and others is way over the top, I'm sure there are reasons that SXS come detuned compared to there quads with the same engine. i don't know of a stock SXS with more than 50hp(except the prowler1000) where quads can be up in the 75-85hp range.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying they won't be the best machine out there but some of the wild speculation of 90hp, 1200cc and others is way over the top, I'm sure there are reasons that SXS come detuned compared to there quads with the same engine. i don't know of a stock SXS with more than 50hp(except the prowler1000) where quads can be up in the 75-85hp range.
I would bet my left nut it will have the most HP of all the available stock UTVs currently on the market. as I mentioned earlier, it's BRP's MO....but I also agree some of the rumors regarding engine sizes are downright comedic. but hey, they could put a 2000cc twin in that thing and somebody would still complain it's not enough, and the aftermarket will respond. :beer:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So found out some info on it.. not alot but some cool info.

there will be two models a 800cc and a 1000cc thats the only thing i was givein. i tryed for pics but i guess its like a razor.

Top Bottom