Can Am side by side

ECKO

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Lots of rumors lots of buzz to what this thing will be. Well even as a dealer
we know very little. Till we see I can't tell you a thing about it. Not so useful information huh? But true.
However...............
What I can tell you that we DO know is, will be shown to dealers early June
in the states. Trust me we have a camera plan ready for that day. BRP is staying tight lipped on this thing, there is no confirmed power,color, name or anything else at this time. We are frusterated just like everyone else.
All I can say is keep waiting, as we are doing the same thing. Will keep you posted as we find out anything more!
:confused:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
been having from guys that race for can-am down south that they know next to nothing. some could be lying but they are doin a good job not leaking any info

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, i wonder if it will look anything like this.:d

Attachments

• post-1540-1191873441.jpg
    post-1540-1191873441.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,534

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think BRP has missed the SXS boat waiting so long to come out with their unit. A lot of waiting....A lot of speculation....Still nothing but rumors and lies while in the meantime Yamaha, Kawasaki and Polaris have made millions off the SXS market.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new s/s will be "PICKUP" styled with a multi use covered box and wider than a rzr.
Polaris owns the patent on rear engine design, and untill that runs out the rest will be wider and have a higher COG than the rzr .
However it will be fast, and have tons of go like all canams . It won`t be the the small sport version everyone thinks it will........

Canam has to build a product for the majority to stay in buisness ,not just the sport crowd !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ya put an egine between the seats, especialy a v twin you are wide IE :prowler.....

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking street legal version that's dual purpose since they have the spyder, why not throw on some skins and run into town.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Talked to one of the guys on the design team. He says the one he drove did 75mph+ and was powered by a 1000cc twin. This engine was done the day the can-am 800 was released, they just have chosen not to use it. Look for three differewnt models and tilt steering. Thats all I could squeek out of the guy.:d:beer::beer::beer:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not turn a v twin sideways, that is how you narrow one up. If you put a vtwin in the middle like a prowler or teryx you end up 60 + wide....
Sorry that`s just the facts

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not turn a v twin sideways, that is how you narrow one up. If you put a vtwin in the middle like a prowler or teryx you end up 60 + wide....

umm i think you might be confused because an 800 rotax swaps into rhinos, and is very popular upgrade and a 400(single) outty is the same chassis and width as the 500(v-twin)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you READ the post i said it will be wider and a higher c.o g. .I did not say it would not fit. A stock rhino is way wider than a stock rzr. If you put a rotax in a rhino you almost have to add LT or the stock suspension wont handle that speed and power.
My point is if you put a large vtwin in between the seats it will closer to a teryx etc. not a rzr.
The RZR is a totally different design than the others, and that`s where the problem lies.

In the future read things more than once or twice so as not to CONFUSE yourself.....

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dont understand the sideways comment..... Is the RZR engine in sideways? Granted the V-twin crank shaft with 2 rod throws is 2-4 inches wider.....?
Also the patent on a rear engine?????? That cant cover all rear engines only the geometry in that particular set-up.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why is a v-twin wider than a single, the cylinders are inline, and they aren't wider in a quad, are they?
'

In a V-twin set-up the crankshaft has to have extra length as the 2nd cylinder has to have its own bearing and throw. The cylinders look lined up but are actually offset.
The way around this is the "boxer" style engine that uses the same throw on opposed cylinders. This is an excellent engine design that came from aircraft engines that had cylinders set around in a circle. Smooth power.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the rzr engine sits in sideways and the transmission is independent of the motor.The patent is just on the geometry i believe, enough to stop some one from putting a motor behind the seats i think.....

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't a rzr engine a parallel twin, as opposed to a v twin?

In a parallel twin the crank is still set the same way and actually has a longer crankshaft as the cylinder outside diameter is the factor. Crankshaft rotation front to rear is the key.........left to right would make it hard to connect to the transmission.

Top Bottom