Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Renegade Update

Im recieved the Dirtwheels magazine today. Theres an apology for saying:

From Dirtwheels magizine July 2007
Renegade Update:
In that feature we inadvertently stated that the Renegade had a running weight (full of fuel) if nearly 800 pounds. That figure was wrong. The weight is just under 700 pounds not 800. We apologize for the inconvenience and have sentenced the one responsible to a year of cleaning detail for his mistake.

It says watch for next month's issue they will feature a Renegade with dual brake levers, better handlebars, a twist throttle, and a couple other things...

RON

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Updated Model for 08

The 08 Renegade has two models a 800 and a 500, they have an upgraded front Visco lock and separate brake controllers for the front and back brakes. Also they will have an 'X' model, below is a picture of it. It seems that BRP does listen to there fans.

Attachments

• renegadeX (Small).jpg
    renegadeX (Small).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 146
  • renegadeX2 (Small).jpg
    renegadeX2 (Small).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the looks of that 08 X..... thats a spiffy machine. too bad I'll be buying a house next year, although, after a few years in that house I should be able to have lots of toys:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YEA, RIGHT.......... FIRST COMES THE HOUSE, THEN THE "WIFE", THEN THE KIDS, AND THERE WON'T BE ANY TIME OR MONEY FOR TOYS FOR YEARS TO COME........... YOUR LIFE IS DONE, OVER, FINE, FINITO, FINISHED, ENDED, CLOSED, END OF CHAPTER.....OOPS, DID I THINK THIS OUT LOUD......... LOL:cray::violin::surrender::whipped::jerry:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
YEA, RIGHT.......... FIRST COMES THE HOUSE, THEN THE "WIFE", THEN THE KIDS, AND THERE WON'T BE ANY TIME OR MONEY FOR TOYS FOR YEARS TO COME........... YOUR LIFE IS DONE, OVER, FINE, FINITO, FINISHED, ENDED, CLOSED, END OF CHAPTER.....OOPS, DID I THINK THIS OUT LOUD......... LOL:cray::violin::surrender::whipped::jerry:

Lucky for me the current GF doesn't want kids, or only one, she isn't decided for sure. Either way.... she says she's getting a Lexus, when she gets her stupid Lexus, I get my quad and sled. Fair deal? I think so.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
She might not see it that way. Lucky for me I bought my quad before the girfriend moved in and we got engaged. Now if i want to put any extras on it I can still use the I'm young and have money so I want to be stupid with it while I still can excuse. But that won't last too long.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Whipped????

She might not see it that way. Lucky for me I bought my quad before the girfriend moved in and we got engaged. Now if i want to put any extras on it I can still use the I'm young and have money so I want to be stupid with it while I still can excuse. But that won't last too long.

THAT'S PRETTY GOOD, BRIAN....... YOU COULD ALSO USE THE LINE THAT SOME OF THE GUYS ON HERE ARE USING.... JUST TELL HER "IT'S ABOUT TWENTY BUCKS". I THOUGHT THAT WAS SO FUNNY, MAINLY BECAUSE THATS WHAT I STILL DOO...................LOL:D

poppajon

Reaction score
A wise man once said, and I quote: "Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" That man was my father-in-law! Needless to say, him and I get along great!!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron you still rockin stock tires? i think that machine would go absolutely nuts with a set of swamplites or bear claws on it.

God i wish i could justify a 2nd machine.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Tires, Yes stock but looking to change, want somthing good, possible Mudlite XTR's. I don't want to loose the cornering abilities too much either. You know going around corners sideways... With real grippy tires you loose that. Swamplites or Oulaws have way to much tread

RON

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
swamplites ride better than mud lites from my experiences .. the only thing mudlite has is sand traction which is surprisingly good. and swamplites were really sporty on my Grizzly but its your call . the treads are broken up alot on them so they are really smooth and you can powerslide easy with them no paddles like Outlaws which are not even in the same ball park :p

swamplite.jpg

There is also these bearclaws and they are good all around two and are semi sporty tough tire

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Ron
Rode a 800 Can-Am LTD edition this weekend and it had itp mudlies on it and let me tell you ,if you go with mud lites you will be happy you did.I rode yours with stock ties and his with mud lites and the differance is as it should be..UNBELIEVABLE! When you install those baby's I will no longer need a winch.LOL
Later catmando!

Attachments

• IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 110

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
At one time I was thinking of swamp lites but a read on a few sites that the individual "blocks" of tread are small and aggressive trail riding on the hard packed stuff the blocks seem to rip off :eek:....so I ended up going with good ol' mudlites

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol rummors are horible for this industry imho. Ive heard nothing but praise on them aside from slightly wearing faster on pavement than bearclaws ect.

Ive also ran them and found them to be Great Tires and i had no weird wear atall. in the time i had mine i went over all terain types. But like i said its the buyers decision. i was just trying to give my outlook on the tires because i found them verry sporty and to suite that type of riding.

In the past having owned Mudbugs / Bearclaws / Swamplites/Bi Tri claws (Curently) . and rideing on Mudlites / 589's / mudzillas/ Outlaws / Teracross/ Blackwaters/and vampires.

it was just my humble opinion that the Bear claws and swamplites suit the Sport 4x4's.

ive never found anywhere that the mudlites have been outstanding in besides sand. and i put them threw paces .

I agree the Outlaws / zillas / 589's / Bi+Tri Claw /Vampires dont suit the sport 4x4 .

Another tire id like to see on a Wolv or a Renegade are the Dirt Devil 2's

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Those look pretty cool side bites look good, how deep it that tread? pic look fairly shallow

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I decided to stick with the Mud Lite Xtr radials, and I have to add spacers. Dropping it off at Riverside tommorow morning for the new tires. I know I cant go wrong with those. Then I will have a set of ITP holeshot radials for sale on here for friday, so anyone who needs, I have for sale..

RON

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
. Then I will have a set of ITP holeshot radials for sale on here for friday, so anyone who needs, I have for sale..

RON

What size? How much coinage we talking Ron? I "might" have guy interested in them for his Raptor he thought the stockers could cut it for a while :PDT_hah:

Top Bottom