Can a person be sold

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if an employee can legally be sold. My employer has sold the area to another company and has said that if offered a job with the buying company I have to take it or it's considered that I quit and am not entitled to severance. I know it happens every day in the patch but it looks like we may take a huge cut in compensation with the buying company. I may what to take a package from my previous employer and look for my own job. Any one had any luck with this.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if an employee can legally be sold. My employer has sold the area to another company and has said that if offered a job with the buying company I have to take it or it's considered that I quit and am not entitled to severance. I know it happens every day in the patch but it looks like we may take a huge cut in compensation with the buying company. I may what to take a package from my previous employer and look for my own job. Any one had any luck with this.
If your good at what you do there are allot of good jobs around. If you kinda suck, might want to look at the new people.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its is a crock that companies can legally pull this crap. I would check the labour relations board to see id you have any rights, do you have a signed agreement in place, I think that does some good for you.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your good at what you do there are allot of good jobs around. If you kinda suck, might want to look at the new people.
I'm not worried about finding a job, but they shouldn't be able to tell me who I have to work for. Pay me out and I'll worry what happens after that.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This sounds familiar, not much a fella can do really, its up to your current employer, and new employer. If your valued with your current company they will keep you on, if not offered a position with the new company. Sounds like your either salary, or non unionized. My advise to yah if your concerned what the new company is going to offer or concerned about your job update your resume, there is a lot of jobs out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what has changed, other than the owner or new boss, seems to happen all the time. if your concerned call the labour relations they will tell you what our rights are, take it from there. they have the right to set your rate of pay(wages), working hours etc, must give you notice in writing, and 1 month(pay period) before they implement it, you can stay on or quit ( they owe you vacation pay owing) . as some have said it is up to you what you do.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes people can be sold. Most companies buy the employees as the commodity, since most companies would not function with that commodity. If the pay is not what you're expecting, you leave. Someone will replace you, you find a different job and the old company incurs the cost of training your replacement. Usually the training costs are more than what it would have cost the company to keep the higher paid worker in the first place. Fawk 'em if they can't see that. Labour relations ain't going to help you, call if you like though. You're option is to start your own company so that you can't be bought.

Welcome to free enterprise.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the new owner a relative of the old owner. Is the old owner becoming a silent partner? All part of a plan at paying lower wages and benefits? Just sayin, as the sayin goes.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So can i sell the wife?

High mileage but purrs like a kitten once running.
Hard starting though.
Usually only a couple cans of either to get her going.

Offers?

What about a test drive?? Before I buy of course... lol

Top Bottom