Cams

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the new sledding season under way I thought it would be cool too see what helmet cams people have ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cartel

Reaction score
GoPro HD .... about to buy the GoPro HD2

Can't wait for the wifi connection and smart phone app that will allow you to control the cam wirelessly!!! this means not having to check it each time you want to be recording!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can't wait for the wifi connection and smart phone app that will allow you to control the cam wirelessly!!! this means not having to check it each time you want to be recording!

What's the new things on the gopro hd 2???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the Contour + (plus) and it has this feature bluetooth to the smart phone as the view finder wich is awesome for getting the angle right and best part is the 180 degree lense so doesnt matter how ya mount it, you can just turn the lense.... also has a feature for live stream if u have cell service that is kool,, has gps and all that other jazz too,, very nice wide angle lense,,

the contour + (plus) is more money but the contour roam does just fine at $269 I think... very small and not so big like the go pro,,, u will notice the contour in most action TV shows or amazing race etc... they use the best camera it is slick great mounts good battery water resistent

first snow footage,, only 2 hour ride benat an arm ugggg
BC POWDER nov 18 2012 etec - YouTube

from the summer surf n,, its a great camera
WAKESURF N ON THE WAKESETTER with contour + - YouTube

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen one the other day - camera was part of the googles - dont recall name .

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Drift 170 HD and love it. Remote button to stop start, does pictures at set interval if you want. LCD screen on it so no guessing to where it,s aimed. No annoying clicking when you hit bumps like my buds Go Pro. Think they have a fix for that now though. Runs 1080 or 720 and lower. I don,t use 1080 if i,m uploading to Youtube though. It,s a huge file and i don,t see much diff in quality. Just like Sleds they all are different and have their strengths and weaknesses. Look at them all and decide what works best for you. Neat that they might have an App to control the Go Pro. Course i don,t take my cell sledding with me. I know what if i need help??? I have a Spot i carry with me. Cheers !
http://www.youtube.com/user/maribou62?feature=mhum Heres some vids i made with my Drift so you can see the quality , online anyways.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Drift HD 170 and a VIO POV.HD, also have a Viosport Adventure Cam 3, and another lipstick style camera similar to the adventure cam 3. the Drift is my favourite so far, it is way easy to use and has a lot of great features.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I like about the Go Pro is I can plug it direct into the tv in our camp and watch the days video.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a GoPro 2.

So far its been pretty great! You can deffinetly notice the low light difference.

when the wi-fi backpack remote comes out will you be able to stream video to any wi-fi device and have the remote which is great

film in 120fps for slow motion playback

170 degree field of view in 1080

faster processor, and being able to get clearer results in lower light conditions

I don't see how the GoPro is considered big? Its quite small. The X Games use GoPros for all their action filming.

Both the Contour and GoPro have pros/cons.

Oh and I payed $250 plus shipping for my GP hero 2! Shop around for best pricing.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I like about the Go Pro is I can plug it direct into the tv in our camp and watch the days video.
the drift and the vio both come with the cables to plug directly into a tv thru the rca inputs or into composite inputs so you can watch playback in HD. I think you can get an accessory lcd screen for the gopro now too, sure helps for getting the right mounting position.

Cartel

Reaction score
I have a Drift 170 HD and love it. Remote button to stop start, does pictures at set interval if you want. LCD screen on it so no guessing to where it,s aimed. No annoying clicking when you hit bumps like my buds Go Pro. Think they have a fix for that now though. Runs 1080 or 720 and lower. I don,t use 1080 if i,m uploading to Youtube though. It,s a huge file and i don,t see much diff in quality. Just like Sleds they all are different and have their strengths and weaknesses. Look at them all and decide what works best for you. Neat that they might have an App to control the Go Pro. Course i don,t take my cell sledding with me. I know what if i need help??? I have a Spot i carry with me. Cheers !
maribou62's Channel - YouTube Heres some vids i made with my Drift so you can see the quality , online anyways.

If he uses this that clicking will stop and it helps to prevent it from poping out on impact:

GoPro+HD+orange+rubber+and+quick+bukle.jpg

Cartel

Reaction score
the drift and the vio both come with the cables to plug directly into a tv thru the rca inputs or into composite inputs so you can watch playback in HD. I think you can get an accessory lcd screen for the gopro now too, sure helps for getting the right mounting position.

The LCD screen has been available for about 10 months now, and I like it alot!! but with the Wide angle lens its kind of hard to mess up a shot that bad the its not usable, it just allows for finer tuning.

zonker892

Reaction score
ive got the contour HD, Its great. Takes awesome video, long battery life and is very compact compared to the Go Pro. It also has a laser aimer so you can line it up perfectly. The sound quality is also much better than the Go Pro because its not in a plastic case.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GoPro HD, and just bought a contour on Steep&Cheap for $120. I will now be able record myself recording other people who are in turn recording .. stuff.

Cartel

Reaction score
In all honesty and fairness I have not used either the Drift nor the Contour... I have no reason to

I have owned both the GoPro Wide Angle and HD Hero (soon the Hero2 I hope) and they had done everything I have expected from them and more!!

I would say that GoPro has been accepted by the professional industry & is what all other POV cams now compaire themselves to.

Here is a wide range of applications that the GoPro can be used in, but the other two can't:

Timelapse Photography:

Slow Motion Edits (due to high frame rate in some modes):

"Bullet Cam":

GoPro shots are a 1:29, 1:39, 1:41... etc the list goes on!!

Just to name a few, but the list goes on, way more custom mounts and DIY's on the net that other people have done that would be very easy to make your self

Here is a direct comparison between the HD Hero & HD Hero 2:
  • Professional 11MP Sensor
  • 2x Faster Image Processor
  • 2X Sharper Glass Lens
  • Professional Low Light Performance
  • Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p
  • 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
  • Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
  • 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
  • 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
  • 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
  • Simple Language-based User Interface
  • Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
    • Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras (how to achive "bullet" "matrix" effect)
    • Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
    • Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web
This Last Vid is a great example of what this cam can do. shot 100% on the GoPro, used combo of timelapse, "bullet" cam, slow motion, unique mounting.... The list goes on!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got the contour HD, Its great. Takes awesome video, long battery life and is very compact compared to the Go Pro. It also has a laser aimer so you can line it up perfectly. The sound quality is also much better than the Go Pro because its not in a plastic case.

laser aim??? I dont have this on mine? I dont think

The contour has bluetooth so you can use your I phone as the view finder this a huge bonus and works great,, also with i phone you can adjust all the settings and volume very handy

the contour also has a HDMI cable so just plug into the TV after a nice day and it will play all your videos for you!!!!

they are all pretty good.....

zonker892

Reaction score
If you had the laser aim you would know it, it comes on as soon as you turn the camera on

zonker892

Reaction score
what model how old?

so the laser goes when click record?

mine is 6 months old contour + ?

Mine is the Contour HD 1080p. When the camera is turned on two laser dots appear and in between the two dots is what is going to be filmed. Its real slick, one of the reasons I bought it. There is no wondering if your camera is pointed where you want it

Top Bottom