Camping in S.E. BC??

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm tiring to book some sites for August around Kalamlka/Okanogan/Shuswap area and not having to much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows of some good spots to go to for a week at a time?
I have a generator so power isn't a deal breaker, any input would be appreciated.

This is what I will be camping with, so I need a little room. Trialer.jpg

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should also mention that I've tried all the provincial parks in that area and they are booked till mid August already.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We have camped here a few times. They have a few stalls that are full service. :cool: Arnie is the camp attendent that lives on site. I'm assuming he still does. It's getting to be a very popular place now. We stopped there unanounced mid week last August and lucked out for a three day stay.

Woodhaven Campground

Attachments

• white lake.jpg
    white lake.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 169
  • white lake camping.jpg
    white lake camping.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 164

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes more work but look at the forestry sites in the areas. They tend to be quieter and more remote. Also the areas you are talking about are in the southern interior, the S.E. is the kootenays.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya with the young kiddies I don't want to be to remote.
My bad about the local.

---
I am here:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does a guy find out more info on the forestry sites? That sounds more like what I'm looking for. I hate being 10 feet from my and in a parking lot that isn't camping to me.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i stayed a few times last year at wood haven, hes about 30 mins west of salmon arm. very nice spot! on white lake and there are trails that go up the mountains and he said you can make it almost to sicimous on quad. o and you can quad out of your campsite up the mountain which is a huge bonus!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Mabel Lake Resort 30 km east of Enderby. Nice big lake for fishing and water sports. Not as warm of a lake as Shuswap but refreshing during a hot summer day :)

Mabel Lake Resort and Airpark, RV Park and Golf Course, Enderby ...

Some spots on the Shuswap/Mara Lake

Sky Blue Waters (typical camp ground just off the road and across the lake Sky Blue Waters Resort, British Columbia

Pierre's Point in Salmon Arm Pierre's Point Campground

Also, did you try Adams River Provincial park? Be surprised if they are already booked.

There are many "private" type resorts but we prefer the BC campgrounds that are generally more remote such as Noisy Creek on Mabel Lake. No cell service and 1 hr away from a store. Beautiful location though!

Good luck!

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Mabel Lake Resort 30 km east of Enderby. Nice big lake for fishing and water sports. Not as warm of a lake as Shuswap but refreshing during a hot summer day :)

Mabel Lake Resort and Airpark, RV Park and Golf Course, Enderby ...

Some spots on the Shuswap/Mara Lake

Sky Blue Waters (typical camp ground just off the road and across the lake Sky Blue Waters Resort, British Columbia

Pierre's Point in Salmon Arm Pierre's Point Campground

Also, did you try Adams River Provincial park? Be surprised if they are already booked.

There are many "private" type resorts but we prefer the BC campgrounds that are generally more remote such as Noisy Creek on Mabel Lake. No cell service and 1 hr away from a store. Beautiful location though!

Good luck!

Thnx for the sites to look at, I'll check them out.

I tried Adams river and there is another Adams one I tried and for the first week of August they are booked already. Some of the plots open up on the 6th might be able to get into one of those if we r fast, they fill up fast.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for July 30-aug6 week, wood haven still has a couple unserviced sites and sky blue waters resort has 1 left aswell
happy camping

Top Bottom