Camping Gear Reviews

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Hello all!

I ran a search on camping gear and came up empty so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Most of us camp when we quad and we have lots of gear some good some crap! And some of that crap cost a lot of money!:eek:

I'm in the market for some new items and thought I'd see what experience other campers have had with their purchases. It might help us all avoid wasting money on junk that doesn't last or work and we can spend the money on wobbly pops instead!:beer:

I need to purchase a new camp bed the inflatable kind on legs. There seems to be about four main manufacturers and the prices range from $80 - $300. So before I go spend $300 I'd like to hear what others have found with their purchases of air/inflatable beds.:confused:

Thanks in advance!:p

:av-31:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a great idea for a thread Dirty Girl, I unfortunately have no feedback for you but I think this is great!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not have a bed answer.
If you are looking for a stove.
We purchases a campchef stove 3 burner this sping.
Has all kinds of extras you can get.
It works great.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Thanks arff.

Sounds cool where did you find it?

We just bought one of the red fold n go coleman gas barbqs. It is set up for the small propane bottles but you can easily put on an adapter and use a 20lb bottle. Quick, easy assembly, Good height when set up and it folds down to less the 8' high easy to tuck in to a small space when space is a preimum.

damtrees

Reaction score
Best thing to cook with is one of the fold up basket you can cook anything and everything so easly over a fire

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for a bed i bought one at canadian tire acouple years ago its a queen with legs and an air matress on top, the frame rocks but the air matress was garbage and got a couple holes. So i went and bought a queen size air matress a costco that fits the frame, now i got the best bed out of everyone i camp with. canadian tire bed was $90.00 and the matress at costco was $40.00 and the air matress has a built in pump so all you need is to put 4 D size batteries in it and your good to go. that was acouple years ago so prices may have changed a bit

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Before you buy the canadian tire special I would check out campers village. They have quality stuff and it lasts longer. They have everything you might want .... trouble is you end up buying stuff you didn't go there for in the first place but oh well. lol :beer::d:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stove is from cosco.
The grill over the fire is from a shopping cart.:d

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 29

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice grill arff:beer::d

Seriously tho anything Campchef is money well spent. I have a 2 burner gas stove (11yrs old), and a new 3 burner (new yesterday), plus 2 griddles, 3 dutch ovens, 2 cast iron skillets, and other odds and ends from them. Good stuff!!!!!!! The Coleman stuff is ok, but I find that it tends to not last as long, but will save you $$ if you don't use it all that much.
No help on the air bed since we use Cabelas cots when tent camping.

Good thread btw!!!!:beer:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just Heinz Ketchup its the only kind. Like camping equipment Camp Chef or Coleman and nothing else.

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Thanks everyone! I guess it's time for a trip to Campers & Cosco! You can bet I'll leave with more than I went for, they just renovated the west end campers! :d

Thanks Bullfrog. We don't have a Cabelas here unfortunately. I used to order online but the exchange is no fun any more! Much farther to drive to Montana than Edmonton from stony.

WOW, arff that's amazing! :specool:I'm not THAT crafty! We just bought a kit with the stones and grill and built a fire pit! I just don't like EVERYTHING cooked over an open fire.:smiliestirthepot: So I like the stove.

I thought this was the ULTIMATE audience to survey for this kind of info! Hope it helps a few others.

BTW: Wholesale sports always has those great directors chairs with the table on the side cheaper than Campers. :)

That's my second tip!

Cheers,:beer:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi DG! I don't know if you have kids, but I have like a bazillion. One thing that I found essential if we were camped for a long time was something called an Amish washer. It looked like a plunger with a metal head. You would twist it back and forth in your wash water with your clothes and they came out super clean. Better than a scrub board. I would put a big metal tub over the fire and wash them right there. Fast and easy

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Thanks sleddingmom!

I only have 1 big one(dad) and 1 little one(son) not so little any more expect he'll be taller than me by September! :p

I'm sure someone here will use that info wisely!

Quad clothes get hosed off and hung!

A bazillion huh? Octomom's got nothing on you then!;)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks sleddingmom!

I only have 1 big one(dad) and 1 little one(son) not so little any more expect he'll be taller than me by September! :p

I'm sure someone here will use that info wisely!

Quad clothes get hosed off and hung!

A bazillion huh? Octomom's got nothing on you then!;)

Haa haa DG! I have 4 biological and 3 steps and one more ex step that I mom. I had them pretty close together so camping with pooping babies was no fun if you had to tent with a hamper full of poopy pukey baby clothes, thus the need for the washer! :d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
This is my newly discovered camping utility. A friend of mine gave me one and I cook with it all the time now in camp. Everything from Pies to Grill Cheeses, you name it. I just cooked shrimp in it tonight Yummmm. Smores work great in them to :d

Attachments

• Pie Cooker 001.jpg
    Pie Cooker 001.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Pie Cooker 002.jpg
    Pie Cooker 002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23
  • Pie Cooker 003.jpg
    Pie Cooker 003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Pie Cooker 004.jpg
    Pie Cooker 004.jpg