Camping+boating+quading in alberta

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, have a week off coming up and want to take a toy hauler and park beside a lake where I can use my little sailboat and also go quading. Can be a campground or just boondocking doesn't matter as long as it's reasonably accessible for a 4X4 & trailer.
I was thinking maybe west of Rocky Mountain House I saw a lake called Abraham Lake? but doesn't matter willing to go just about anywhere in Alberta that gives us the combo of a lake and quading. (even western Saskatchewan would be OK)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lots of the trails in and around Abraham Lake are also currently closed due to erosion

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your better off heading north for that combo.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try the Brazue area. Just make sure you lock stuff up or it might go missing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your better off heading north for that combo.
No problem going north, any suggestions?

You could try the Brazue area. Just make sure you lock stuff up or it might go missing!
Yes we go there quite a bit for day rides and have been on all the trails many times so I was thinking of checking out somewhere we haven't been before, there seems to be lots of camping near lakes with no quading or the other way around. I see there is some nice camping & boating in Cypress hills but doesn't say anything about quading, anyone know if there is quading there?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes we go there quite a bit for day rides and have been on all the trails many times so I was thinking of checking out somewhere we haven't been before, there seems to be lots of camping near lakes with no quading or the other way around. I see there is some nice camping & boating in Cypress hills but doesn't say anything about quading, anyone know if there is quading there?

Long Lake just south of boyle will meet your needs, if you stay in the provincial camp ground you'll need to drive to go quadding, but there are trails everywhere and the lake is generally pretty warm. or just spot camp in the bush around there and then drive and launch the boat :)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Elinor used to be awesome for that sadly they bulldozed the campground to sell them as lake lots :(

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Heard about Fawcett lake, never been.I was thinking of trying Bronson forest in sask for that sort of thing....let's face it BC has us beatn but quadding is boring there.

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bronson has a nice camp ground at Little fishing powered sites nice lake and lots of trails
Can you quad right from the campground or do you have to take them to a staging area? if so where is the closest staging area? Thanks

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can reserve a site and sites LF 18 22 35 37 39 41 and 43 are beside he road you can park your quad behind your camper which is not in the park so all is good.
You can leave from there

Bronson Forest
Little Fishing
Hope this helps

daddys girl

Reaction score
Or you could just go to swan hills.christina or windy lake would be great for your boat you can quad from the campground to anywhere you want to go

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the treatment plant? I know there's that small trout lake there and you can quad from there.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Crowsnest has some lakes for sail boating and tons of quad trails. Island lake might work for you. Also inn on the border has a lake at there place and they might allow camping there. Right out there back door onto the trails.

Top Bottom