camp chef cookstove

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with one of the camp chef 2 burner stoves, looks like a well built unit, a little pricey. Seen one at peavy mart, has larger burners which should give it some btu output.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 burner camp chef and it works great.
Cosco has them

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, definitely like the extra room for cooking and all the accessories that come with it, looks like another 6 hun down the drain.

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, can't beat Camp Chef stoves. I have a 2 burner unit that's worked for 11 yrs, and just bought the 3 burner, needed more options cooking;);) You won't regret the purchase, well worth the $$$$$$

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 31

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They work AWESOME, I have an ol 2 Burner that has been around the block and my dad has a 3 Burner. No better way to cook breakfast for a large gang. And they last for ever due to the cast burners not that cheap tin crap. They are a little heavy and awkward but if you have the room you wont be disappointed. They also have a BBQ attachment but i have not see one in use yet.

S

sldgy

Have been cooking on the same one for 15 years on all my "take the crazies camping" events. The carrying case sucks but the stove rocks!

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to spend the money do yourself a favor and get the 3 burner right off the gate....get it at Cosco too...its almost $100 cheaper for the same thing than Peavy Mart or Wholesale sports but get the 2 burner double sided cast iron grill for it too, bigger cooking surface and then you still have a 3rd burner left for pots....get the accessories at Peavy Mart as Wholesale sports is more expensive....however Wholesale sports has a larger selection of accessories....

Love mine and love the double sided grill for pancakes etc...it is amazing...you wont regret it...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here a picture of our 3 burner. Have a griddle in the middle and still use the other burners.
It was breakfast so no beer yet..

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 19

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the one....I love ours....now put the 2 burner grill on it and wow....amazing...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great feed back, tryed costco none available in alberta. wholesale sports here we come definitely liking the 3 burner with 2 burner bbq. peavy mart is about 25% more expensive, but closer.

anyone have suggestions on which accessories to get?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
great feed back, tryed costco none available in alberta. wholesale sports here we come definitely liking the 3 burner with 2 burner bbq. peavy mart is about 25% more expensive, but closer.

Check Costco Online...they had them...free delivery...we never cook on anything else, fed 23 people in Kananaskis Sat. eve not problem...love the three burner.

Comes with paper towel holder, flipper hooks and carrying duffel bag...great unit.

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wind screen & side shelves are a must!!!!!
When getting a griddle, get the heaviest one available. The thinner/cheaper ones will warp from the intense heat, trust me;);)
The carry bag, or original box are nice to keep the grease and dirt contained as they do get nasty after a bit of cooking.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The side shelves and wind screen for sure...also the griddle to get is the actual 1,2 or 3 burner "double sided" so you have a grilling surface that flips to a pancake or flat surface...2 in one.

We have the cast iron pre seasoned 2 burner...it is amazing and comes with its own carrying bag...and ours came with a cast iron round pan also preseasoned and awesome....

If you use the grill and the fri pan your stove shouldnt in theory get to messy...you can get different grills but the one specifically for that stove have the proper grease reservior that doesnt go through to the stove...

Just saying....enjoy yours

Oh and funny that wholesale sports is cheaper than Peavy...here in Lethbridge is the opposite....LOL

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Peavy mart has the full line i love my cast iron griddle

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah had the same thought peavy verses campers. 3 burner stove at peavy 379 and campers 299 wtf is all i could say. seems campers is about 30 % cheaper on everything. Costco is sold out in alberta, and will not ship from bc or saskabush, not available on website.

the bags definitely look like a must have, as everything that the stove and accessories touch will be covered with gunk.

Top Bottom