camera

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have some good information on a camera size, cost and how it hooks on the helmet or the sled.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both a Contour and a Drift. I know nothing about the GoPro. Tons of different mounts for both so you just use your imagination. I personally prefer the Drift for a number of reasons. It's actually water proof rather than water resistant, picture quality is superior, convenience of the little monitor and contrast controls on the side is awesome, and the ability to patchcord it directly to the TV is great too. You'd think the remote control would be a plus too, but I never did get mine to work right. The only thing I like better about the Contour is the far superior mounting system. You can get into either one right now under 300 bucks from one of the forum sponsors too.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey barry just bought a drift innovation then lost it all within a week lol im guna have to get another they come with goggle strap mounts/handlebar mounts and other sticky/velcro type straps .....put the f**kin camera on the hood of my truck then forgot i had it there when i was downtown edmonton yesterday FAWK!!!!..

so go with the drift camera cause i got all the extra mounts now with the remote FAWK!!!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Oregon scientific ATC9k
Never used it sledding did on a road trip.
I do like it with the lazier and the screen on the back remote and large buttons for recording and taking photos
Size is about 4 inc. By about 2 inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Something else you might want to consider is the LIC camera goggle it is a goggle with a camera built right in. No guessing where you are shooting or whether you have knocked your camera off your mount and lost it somewhere. They have the abilit to take both video and still pictures.

The snow goggle contains a 136 degree (full field of view) wide angle lens with Line of Sight™ video capture to record all the action while you are sledding. The hands free unit has a 12.0 MP interpolated (4000 x 3000) camera mode and a video mode that records HD 1080P video (1920x1080) at a rate up to 30 frames per second with audio and an additional High Action mode that features HD 720P video (1280x720) at 60 frames per second. The Summit Series HD1080P can hold a Micro SD/SDHC Card up to 32 GB. Product includes a 4GB Micro SDHC card. With the use of a micro SD/SDHC card, the camera is capable of recording thousands of photos or hours of HD video. Files may be downloaded to a computer through the High Speed USB cable provided, or through a Micro SD/SDHC card.

These are a dual lens goggle the lenses are made by oakley and come with the ionized lens and the amber, the rechargeable litium ion battery, 4 GB Micro SD Card, 1 Micro Bag, USB Cable and RCA Cable.

The 720's retail for $280.00 and the 1080's retail for $430.00 both are plus gst and shipping.

Here is a video with some more info on the 1080's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsfkP48PiA

Jan

Last edited:

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Drift 170 HD and love it. Seems way easeir to use than tha Go pro my buddy has, Built in LCD remote one off. Even think the vid quality is slightly better. I use 2 of the long life batterys and a 32 GB card. One battery will last about 3 hours. Ussually need to switch near the end of the ride . 32 GB card will hold PILE of vid. I have all last seasons still on the card and only used a small bit of the card.
Heres some vids i did with it last year maribou62's Channel - YouTube Another thing i noticed with the Go pro is there is always a little clicking noise in the sound. I think the camera moves in the mount and makes noise. Think they have a fix for that now.

Top Bottom