Calgary sled show?

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did some quick lookin and couldn't find a date, anyone know when this is or if it's already happened?

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Titled : Rocky Mountain Snowmobile & ATV Show
November 12th & 13th
12th 5 PM to 10 PM
13th 10 AM to 7 PM
BMO Centre Hall E

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be of similar size as last years. Good to hear as the last I heard it was going to be reduced in size. I was thinking of hitting the Edm show to spend some $$ on gear but I'll wait for the Calgary show.

Any one know if there will be anyone selling Motorfist gear at the Calgary sled show, I need a new jacket.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff seems to be on display rather than for sale at the Calgary show.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we not in the ballpark for sledder #'s. way more sledders in the edmonton and surrounding area.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's a fact as to while eastern shows are bigger, eastern canada and the eatern us account for 90% of all sled sales, we're just a bunch 10 percenters, :d love being a western mountain rider.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Toronto Show caters to 10000s on more sledders. Largest show in the world. Benn there a few times unreal. Royal Distributing space is as big as the show out here. Calgary show run in partnership with the ASA and Calgary Club.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heck, i find it hard too believe that this is going to be the 21 st year of the show, have to try and scan in some photo's of the first show in 1990 out at chestermere. used to great fund raiser for the calgary club.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say - go to edmonton's show if ya can. calgary's sucks.

Went to it last year....great if you like line-ups (traffic to get into the parking lot, then a long line up to buy a ticket to get in the door and then a line up to get in the door). The Edm show is a better show with more mod parts available (hell more everything) for sure...but buy the end of October I've already bought most of my parts...these shows are too late.

Am always on the hunt for a deal though...even if I've already got two at home.

As long as the Cgy show is a decent size I'll just hit it. I don't really want to spend 6 hrs driving to go shopping.

Why are there more sledders in Edm than Cgy? Cgy is closer to the mtns? :rolleyes:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
......Why are there more sledders in Edm than Cgy? Cgy is closer to the mtns? :rolleyes:

Shawn, I don't know that there are more sledders in Calgary and yes, Calgary is closer to the mountains, but there is a huge and I mean huge sector north, west and east of Edmonton that is into sledding. Whether it be in Valemont, McBride, Hinton, Edson, Grand Prairie, Peace River, Ft St John, Dawson Creek, Ft. Mac, St Paul, Bonneyville, Vegerville, Vermillion, Lloydminster, and the Edmonton show has grown into the biggest in western Canada by far. Even people from the NWT and the Yukon have been known to frequent the show! All the trail riding in the NE of the province is probably bigger than the mountain segment in Calgary!

It's sort of like Dusty says, "....10% of the sledders are mountain riders." But I, also like it that way as in our area there aren't a lot of crowds!"

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After living in the Spruce Grove/Stony Plain area most of my life and then Calgary area the last four years I can attest to the fact that there is a more outdoors oriented attitude further north. Folks down here seem more mall oriented than mountain oriented, I know a lot of immigrants (wife is one, so are most of her friends) who won't visit our place because we live in the wilderness (15 min east of Calgary near Chestermere/Langdon) on an acreage and they think it's unsafe. We have no streetlights in this area so all the monsters hang out in the ditches just waiting for unsuspecting city folks to stumble by. Why oh why am I still here????

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damed fernie snow now ya got me hummn a song in my head (i,ve been every where man blah blah blah)

Top Bottom