Calgary area sledder dies on test drive

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A split second changes lives! That's why we call them accidents! Deepest condolences to you and your family.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit the kill switch,bailing isn't answer.Be threw it twice first time some nice
guy put the post behind the trees and strung wire across the trail just got lucky shredded my hood low sped and luck save my butt .Second time some
A..HOLE farmer strung one single wire across the Surgeon river just seen
in last second went sideways under it cut wire went wrap it around his door
handle are people that stupid your only defence is always be aware of your
surrounding and ride a A.S.A trail where rider are welcome

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam sorry for family loss it been a real bad year for all family that lost there love ones its starting to hit to close to home for liking .Lets be safe out there
its only a sled.

KingCatz

Reaction score
I meant no disrespect, I'm sorry for your loss. It is better to learn from a tragedy then not though. Kill switch is an obvious choice, but if I didn't have enough braking room after that I would still bail. Those fences are at too perfect of height on a sled. :(. Farm machinery can be hard to see too if it is snowing out, like a cultivator, I've seen some close calls with those.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
The snowmobiler who dies in this accident was my brother Sam "I AM" O'Brien. He was NOT test driving the machine he owned it.He was not drinking they believe that the throttle stuck and he could not stop. We believe he tried to hit the post in hopes of being simply hurt. The fact that the barbed wire slit his throat was a simple fluck. He was a great man and will be greatly missed. :(

Be strong...keep his memories alive.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know when i had my accident i don't even think i had time to let off the throttle never mind brake for bail.
My condolences to the family and friends

Top Bottom