Calgary Area Ditch Ride

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in NW Calgary and my buddy lives in Airdrie..... I am interested in hitting some of the ditches around here, I just want to get out already...... :)

Plan for a Thursday night ditch ride?

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to go but flying out Thursday am to go back to pei for Xmas but will take I drive out there to see if there is snow

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wednesday evening looks like it would actually work better, or Saturday anytime.

I got too excited about actually going out, and forgot I had already promised to go into Calgary with the wife on Thusday. :eek:

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k just went out to check if there was snow out there there isn't alot but enuf it's yankee valley to range road 272 all the way to the end north till you hit a t that is where i unload just park on the dirt road you can ride all the back road diches no big surprises out there

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going to go out tonight, I will be at the unload spot 4x4racing listed around 7-730pm. Need to eat and get fuel ect...

Anybody who feels like coming out for an evening ditch / field ride is more then welcome to join.

Post up if you will try to make it, I would like to think I am not going to be riding alone. I think riding alone is like drinking alone, people look at you strange and say you have a problem... Ok so maybe I do. :d

I will be the funny looking guy with a vw jetta wagon, with a small trailer.

-Brett

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok I am going to go out tonight, I will be at the unload spot 4x4racing listed around 7-730pm. Need to eat and get fuel ect...

Anybody who feels like coming out for an evening ditch / field ride is more then welcome to join.

Post up if you will try to make it, I would like to think I am not going to be riding alone. I think riding alone is like drinking alone, people look at you strange and say you have a problem... Ok so maybe I do. :d

I will be the funny looking guy with a vw jetta wagon, with a small trailer.

-Brett

I ride alone in the ditches to.Went for a little 1 1/2 hr rip yesturday east of the city.

I would probably go for a rip but something about ridding fields and ditches in the dark with minimal amounts of snow is going to = carnage.I maybe down for a ride during the day sometime but not at night.Have a fun ride.:beer:

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm well normally I would have no issues with a solo ride in the ditch, but this sled has been sitting for 2 years, and I just got it running, probably has run for a grand total of 15min now. Not so much worried about hitting something as it just dying on me and having to make the long walk back to the car.

So unless someone posts up that they want to make the adventure tonight, I think I will wait till I have support for the first ride.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carfull in the field next to the dirt road i broke a wire fence with my chest last year never relized how close it was till this year when i heard about somone got killed the same way

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't go out alone, not confident with only having run the sled in the garage for a few minutes. Going to ride some fields in Ponoka on Sunday, to test it out.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Sunday has been cancelled.

Anybody out there want to go for a ride tomorrow, or Sunday afternoon? Ditch's, Cataract, just want to get a few miles on this thing now that it is running, but don't want to be stranded if how it runs in the garage, is not how it runs outside.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ditch run up Glenmore - West of Langdon - nothing crazy....but sooo much fun.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a ditch ride today?

If it makes a difference Airdrie got a whole inch of fresh :rolleyes:

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
If anyone is doing anything tomorrow myself and a buddy are in...... We both have the day off and some local ditch baning would be great........

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is doing anything tomorrow myself and a buddy are in...... We both have the day off and some local ditch baning would be great........

Did u make it out to Atlas today ? If so, how was it ?

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can do tomorrow, but not till about 11am. Have to give family a ride to the airport before that.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4x4racing has some directions a page back. If that works for everyone we can do that. I have run my dogs down that road a couple times, it looks like a driveway at this time of the year but it is actually a road.

It is where RR 285 Heading North runs into Township Road 273A heading East/West, the entrance to the dirt road is just slightly West of the T intersection. 11am there if it works for everyone else.

RR285 is the second range road on to turn to the north after you get out of Airdrie to the East on Yankee Valley (just passed the airfield but on the other side of the road. Hwy 567 Also intersects 285, just have to watch for it and then turn North.

My Cell 4038159529 (no spaces helps keep it from being picked up by spam)

-Brett

Last edited:

KISS_freak

Reaction score
Sounds good Brett, I live in Airdrie so that works perfect. I just talked to Taz, and he's in too. We'll plan to be there at 11(ish).

Gerry (5879995657)
Taz(4036909545)

Looking forward to finally finding some local trails/sledders. Just moved back from Sask and have no clue where to go! Met some guys from here today and hit Atlas - beautiful trails. Now, it's ditchbanging time - SK Style!!

Top Bottom