Calgary/Airdrie area, Anyone interested in practicing with beacons?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which saturday? and where do we unload the sleds, will there be lots of beer?, medlar going?

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please quote and and or edit as needed

Rowdy
Highfly + Katie
Shibby? + firend?
Trashy
Medler + MissAtlantic (yes! Was just talking to Daniel)

im in but what saturday... this one or next one
Rich

24 next saturday

which saturday? and where do we unload the sleds, will there be lots of beer?, medlar going?

Pssssstttt... Larry.... I thinks its Saturday November 24th! Yep, medler's going, & yep, there will most likely be beer! :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if mike is going, it should be a good time, so bring a 24 for this saturday, and where do we park the sleds. and what is a beacon is that a hill?
icon10.gif
glad to see you guys doing your part beacon practice is the most important life saving technique in the alpine. hope no one has to use there beacons ever.

may have to try the same in red deer.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy
Highfly + Katie
Shibby? + friend?
Trashy
Medler + MissAtlantic
Volksnutt?

So by my count that's 7, haven't included the maybe's. Cut off for me supplying food to you is the 22nd so I can get proper amounts. So let me know by then or you'll be stuck watching us eat delicious hamburgers. mmmm lol

Volksnutt

Reaction score
What time is the Meet? If I dont get back to you by the 22nd I'll bring a juicy steak!!!! lol.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
free lunch!!!im not gonna make it ...gotta pick up the sled friday and head to the elk valley for my moms birthday!!would have bin cool to meet S@M members for this.....and a free lunch!!!!Have fun:d

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Confirmed attendees are:

- snowwho
- RMK Doug
- Highfly & Katie
- trashy
- Medler & MissAtlantic
- impulseturbo guy
- ~Rowdy~

Please make sure to bring $5 and a chair for BBQ after. Any food allergies let me know. Menu is burgers, veggies n dip and some chips. BYOB.

Cheers. See you all at 11am Berkley Gate parking lot at Nose hill park.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I'm extremely curious to know who out of the group coming has had avalanche training? Post up if you have, what you took and when.

I took AST1 through Yamnuska December 2009. Re-doing AST1 field with ZacsTracks Dec 22nd this year to refresh my skills.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Katie and I just finished the indoor rescue class as well as the class room AST1. Both with Zacs.

snowho

Reaction score
Myself and RMK Doug did AST1 at Walt Healy through Hangfire the season before last. It was a refresher for me because I did it at the kinesiology department at the U of C with Alby Sole.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PERFECT!! Thx mother nature for the fresh DUMP of snow. Was wondering if we were going to have enough for our search Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem now!

Top Bottom