Calgary/Airdrie area, Anyone interested in practicing with beacons?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PERFECT!! Thx mother nature for the fresh DUMP of snow. Was wondering if we were going to have enough for our search Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem now!

How much ended up falling? I was on my way out of town for work, for the week when the white stuff just started flying. I'm hoping I return to a lot of fresh. Is anyone planning more search practice beyond Sat?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much ended up falling? I was on my way out of town for work, for the week when the white stuff just started flying. I'm hoping I return to a lot of fresh. Is anyone planning more search practice beyond Sat?

I'm not planning on anything in Calgary after this Saturday, but maybe we could do this again. Just usually after November I'm in the mountains, lol.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not planning on anything in Calgary after this Saturday, but maybe we could do this again. Just usually after November I'm in the mountains, lol.

Thanks, I will do some practice with buddies, but it would be good to get some more people and transceivers to do multiple burial scenarios. I hope to be in the mountains too come December.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will do some practice with buddies, but it would be good to get some more people and transceivers to do multiple burial scenarios. I hope to be in the mountains too come December.

If you can't get a lot of people together. I HIGHLY recommend going to the beacon basin in Kananaskis. You can turn on multiple beacons. Nice drive from Calgary. I know a lot of people say if they are driving to the mountains they are gonna keep going and practice on their sleds...but you and I both know that "practice" turns VERY short when your sled is there and pow is to be had. Beacon basin is awesome.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We got a good 3-4 inches in Airdrie.

We will keep this thread going. I would join in with another group if we can get some people together again. Never can practice enought......

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Confirmed attendees are:

- snowwho
- RMK Doug
- Highfly & Katie
- trashy
- Medler & MissAtlantic
- impulseturbo guy
- ~Rowdy~

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry that we can t stay longer but she has work stuff to do and just want to help out and meet people from this site. Thanks

Volksnutt

Reaction score
I'll be there and maybe drop by and have a beer. I dont need lunch, it will be liquid diet for me. See everyone on Saturday.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still trying to be there!

It'll just be myself. I sold my sled but starting splitboarding this year.

Practice is practice.

Likely not going to stay for food.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burgers are made. There will be 10 gigantic burgs, veggies n dip, and a bunch of chips.

Don't forget to bring a chair and BYOB.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone bring paper plates? I thought I had some but I don't! Please let me know cause I really don't want to leave my house now lol

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone bring paper plates? I thought I had some but I don't! Please let me know cause I really don't want to leave my house now lol

I've got 9 big ones and 3 small ones I'll bring.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well enjoy your beacon party, I fortunately will be cutting up my pro to install a set of Burrant boards on saturday.

Have fun.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm having a troubling issue here. I can't find my beacon....

I'll continue to look and if I find it I'll show up late.

I wasn't around last winter so it's been two years with one move in between... Problem is I swear I've seen it but it's not where I know it should be.

Top Bottom