Cadomin Trails ?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a few Posts for the Cadomin area more to the south though, are there any maps available for the area around Watson Creek. We were going to Ram River but Mother Nature had other ideas. So Off to Cadomin we go (not flooded yet so far) I got the GPS co-ordinates for grave flats although I not entirely sure how to get there. Any suggestions?

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check any posts of Ruby Falls, you'll see that mothernature has had her way there too, rivers are high and fast

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if we stay to the high ground? Don't really have the heart to tell the wife that we may not be able to go there either.:confused:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may have to watch what road you take to Grave Flats--Motorists are advised that Forestry Trunk Road at Highway 734 between Lovett River Bridge & Junction of Elk River Road is closed due to flooding from Pembina River.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have to take that road to get to grave flats from cadomin?its only 35 kms as the crow flys.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No,You can take the Elk River road from Drunkin Valley to Pembina Forks.

GANK

Reaction score
You may have to watch what road you take to Grave Flats--Motorists are advised that Forestry Trunk Road at Highway 734 between Lovett River Bridge & Junction of Elk River Road is closed due to flooding from Pembina River.

i'll confirm this. 2 weeks ago before all the rain even showed up the water was washing out the trunk road just after fairfax lake towards the forks. after all that rain i would expect there to be no road left.:( and last i saw the pembina river she was one rainstorm away from relocating a bridge or two

Cabinboy

Reaction score
Have a cabin in Cadomin, got a call from Inland cement, that I don't have access to my property because of the McLeod River taking out our crossing and the train track just south of town. Going up Sunday to see how bad the damage is. The last big flood there was in 1968 which tore out so much ground that the tracks were moved about 200 feet closer to our property. They set up a lot of huge boulders to protect the bank along there, so if thats been taken out, i'm not sure what the state of the rest of the area is going to be like. Will advise when i get back. :(

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am thinking by the sounds of it there is few if any roads left in the area lol
sounds like its pretty washed up out that way right now. and we got another wet weekend coming at us.:eek:

Top Bottom