CAC fundraiser.Snow and Mud Golf Tourney

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people here would be into signing up for a golf tournament to raise money for the CAC. I have put together a few to raise money for the Cross Cancer patient comfort fund. I would be happy to do the same for the CAC. It would be a recognized donation from the members of Snow & Mud and we can have fun doing it but it takes a bit of work so we would have to start putting it together soon, get a deposit together and secure a course. PM me if your into it. Input from moderators would be appreciated.:beer::beer:
Any one with smart a*# comments need not reply.

Attachments

• SM Tournament.pdf
    159.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How many people here would be into signing up for a golf tournament to raise money for the CAC. I have put together a few to raise money for the Cross Cancer patient comfort fund. I would be happy to do the same for the CAC. It would be a recognized donation from the members of Snow & Mud and we can have fun doing it but it takes a bit of work so we would have to start putting it together soon, get a deposit together and secure a course. PM me if your into it. Input from moderators would be appreciated.:beer::beer:
Any one with smart a*# comments need not reply.

For such an honourable idea were you really expecting any of those type of comments? Not from these guys? No, not ever....

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow so far only one golfer in the Edmonton area on this site.... thats OK I think I will take this out side of this site as well. I like the idea and will start to put it together.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to twist my arm to go golfing! Even better if we raise some money for the CAC! I hope to hear more in the weeks to come Taz. :golf:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending when the date Is and if I am able to make it I would be in.

vic

Reaction score
River Ridge i talked to the manager and got some pricing I will be giving him a $500 deposit soon to secure a date.

Great choice,River Ridge,Brett is very accomondating,great guy,lots of room for eating and good food.Lots of fun.Easy to put 4 some together.Hope we can make this happen ,for a good cause CAC for all they do.

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great cause and good people.. sounds like my kind of event...
The golf and steak part is a plus!!

Great Idea!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday's in late August are taken I had him pencil us in for the 29th Sunday morning, if we do it Sunday afternoon it makes it a long day.
What do you guys think?? I think I could put together 5 or six teams and this is the email I got back from the CAC.

Ron,

We will help spread the word. If you have any information –once dates confirmed etc… let me know and I will be sure to put it on our website and facebook sites. Give me a call anytime. Thank you for your efforts. Every donation goes directly to our public avalanche safety programs.

Sincerely,

Jennifer George - Sponsorship Coordinator
Canadian Avalanche Centre | 110 Mackenzie Ave. | Revelstoke, BC Canada | V0E 2S0
Phone: 250.837.2141 ext.229 | Fax: 250.837.4624 | Welcome to avalanche.ca

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have talked to Mountain Magic to see if they would be interested in getting involved. I know people are leery on giving money to strangers for many reasons
and I don't blame them so I have asked MM if they would collect the money for the tournament that I have booked for the 29th of August at River Ridge in South West Edmonton. I am just waiting to hear back from Lee. So far I have only had two peeps PM me and no mods from S&M so I will keep updating here but I am advertising else where as well. Hope to hear from more peeps.:beer::beer:

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great choice,River Ridge,Brett is very accomondating,great guy,lots of room for eating and good food.Lots of fun.Easy to put 4 some together.Hope we can make this happen ,for a good cause CAC for all they do.

OK Aug 29th.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should try and get other AB sled/ski shops involved.

Yeh I will, MM never got back to me so its going to take some work but I'm determined. I will be getting a hold of the rest of the shops around town and I will put out some flyers at the local sled shops + hopefully get some more supporters from here as well. I'm not a member of Snow West but I did contact them and they said they would promote it I just have to send them a flyer.:beer::beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the mods havnt replied because they dont know about it,speaking mostly for myself but I have been in the planning stages of a S&M golf tourney and this was brought to my attention,We do try to cover the site but things get missed.We have no less than 5 mods on here who love golfing.I cant believe this was missed or not discussed.First you need to decide if this is a touney representing S&M or just a fund raiser,We would be willing to support it in any way we can but I need to know asap as the date I had was within a week of yours.
Mayby you could call me.will pm my cell!
catmando!

Top Bottom