Murm needs some help....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife finished it in just over 4 hrs. Said it was the worst conditions she ever rode in. She was soaked before she even started. Then bucked a head wind the whole way to Camrose. Was lots of riders who couldn't finish. She just kept telling herself "this sucks but so does MS".

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yes I am alive !!!! Feel pretty good no sore muscles but I do need an a$$ transplant. I regret to say I didn't make it as far as I wanted to came up 30 some KM short on the 1st day. We were soaked to the bone which I could live with it was the wind straight out the SE that killed me and when you have the aerodynamics of a barn door it's pretty hard to ride in those conditions. They were saying it was the worst riding in the 27 year history they also said the ride was 2-2.5 hours behind schedule for finishing....and kudos for those who did. My friend who has rode the last 5 years has never had any problems completing made it 12KM past me before he had to call it quits. At the lunch stop they was people talking about all the abandon bikes left in the ditch because they had to bring in school buses to pick up because the support trucks couldn't keep up. My friends son went out at the lunch stop and there was around 150 people waiting for the buses and that was just in the 15-20 minutes we stopped there. On Sunday the wind was coming out of the west blowing even harder 40-50KM so we opted out. At the finish line they were saying only about 20-25% had finished which was way down.
I must say it never scared me away already making plans for next year and going to try some different fund raising strategies....and I do thank each and everyone one of you that could donate to my ride :)

*edit*.....and I'm going give a shutout to myself that I made it way farther than alot of people that was 1/2 my age and 1/2 my weight :)

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Starting line

Lunch stop

Crossing the finishing line in Camrose. ...with a little help; )

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I am alive !!!! Feel pretty good no sore muscles but I do need an a$$ transplant. I regret to say I didn't make it as far as I wanted to came up 30 some KM short on the 1st day. We were soaked to the bone which I could live with it was the wind straight out the SE that killed me and when you have the aerodynamics of a barn door it's pretty hard to ride in those conditions. They were saying it was the worst riding in the 27 year history they also said the ride was 2-2.5 hours behind schedule for finishing....and kudos for those who did. My friend who has rode the last 5 years has never had any problems completing made it 12KM past me before he had to call it quits. At the lunch stop they was people talking about all the abandon bikes left in the ditch because they had to bring in school buses to pick up because the support trucks couldn't keep up. My friends son went out at the lunch stop and there was around 150 people waiting for the buses and that was just in the 15-20 minutes we stopped there. On Sunday the wind was coming out of the west blowing even harder 40-50KM so we opted out. At the finish line they were saying only about 20-25% had finished which was way down.
I must say it never scared me away already making plans for next year and going to try some different fund raising strategies....and I do thank each and everyone one of you that could donate to my ride :)

*edit*.....and I'm going give a shutout to myself that I made it way farther than alot of people that was 1/2 my age and 1/2 my weight :)
Good job Murm! Wether you finish or not shows your support big time

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom