cabins

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. Let's get the cops into the mountains now because some of you self righteous dweebs don't like drinking. Why don't you all quit trying to rule the world

--------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. Let's get the cops into the mountains now because some of you self righteous dweebs don't like drinking. Why don't you all quit trying to rule the world

Some of us don't like drunk people on the hills or trail. I can tell you right now if someone was stupid drunk highmarked and got buried in an avy in a bad place I would sit there and watch, I wouldn't even try to help them if it would put me in danger at all. Unless your a youngin and never drank before you obviously know what alcohol does, even 1 or 2 beers impairs your judgement for a while. NOT something you need on a hill or trail. RCMP shouldn't have to be there, nor should there be a need for checkstops at all, it's because people are stupid and cannot control themselves. I don't care if someone drunk goes out and hurts themselves but it usually doesn't work like that, they hurt innocent people.

I have no problem with drinking, but there is a time and place, and you have to be responcable about it!

And just a little bit of info, if you have ANY alcohol on your breath they can grab your lisence for 24 hours, or more.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was on renshaw on dec 4th 5th lot's of drinking and smoking going on in the cabin,we chose to warm up outside.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Some of us don't like drunk people on the hills or trail. I can tell you right now if someone was stupid drunk highmarked and got buried in an avy in a bad place I would sit there and watch, I wouldn't even try to help them if it would put me in danger at all. Unless your a youngin and never drank before you obviously know what alcohol does, even 1 or 2 beers impairs your judgement for a while. NOT something you need on a hill or trail. RCMP shouldn't have to be there, nor should there be a need for checkstops at all, it's because people are stupid and cannot control themselves. I don't care if someone drunk goes out and hurts themselves but it usually doesn't work like that, they hurt innocent people.

I have no problem with drinking, but there is a time and place, and you have to be responcable about it!

And just a little bit of info, if you have ANY alcohol on your breath they can grab your lisence for 24 hours, or more.

Alberta Traffic Safety Act States....
89(1)-(4) upon reasonable and probable grounds that a driver is impaired 24 hours
90(2)-(5) if police officer believes novice driver has consumed alcohol 24 hours suspension

I put my truck/car keys away after my 2nd...3'rd if it's say 2 hours. I can watch a hockey game have 1 beer per period and not be "impared" infact I will blow a .05 still legal. Depends on the person my wife can not drive after 1 drink.....Personally I do not notice impairment in any form until my 6th or 7th but I drink beer regularly, the law however states .08 as a legal limit and my licence it too valuable to me to gamble withI will take a 6 pack out on the quad with me and drink all six over a 6 hour period..... maybe if I rode a sport quad It'd be less..but I put and like mud...sleds are 0 to holly-fugg right now so I carry 2 or 3 for an afternoon outing.....

To each their own......

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hum, well how about that.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not let something like this bother me in a long time, typically for me I dont worry about something unless it is something i can change. Keeps the stress level down.
This is one of those things i no doubt will never directly change. Drinking is somthing I use to do alot of but never had a problem. Later i learned that i had an alergy to it. So i had no choice but to quit. I dont not care if anyone drinks or really were they do. If i dont like the surounds i leave. I have deal with the best of drunks and the worst. Seen many a superman, the liquid courage, "hey let me have one and then ill do it." Doesnt always end so good, sure we have all been there.

Now IF you ever have an accident and their is serious injurys. What are the chances they could test you? Gotta tell you pretty good. I do not what to sound like the preacher but guess what i am. If the cops need to be at the bottom of the hill to make sure everyone gets back safe, so be it. If you are such need to get a few in you , when you get to the bottom of the hill. Get your gear off quick grab your last water and head back to the hotel. Sit in the parking lot and have a few your only gonna yap about the day and look at what you broke anyhow. But guess what you are safe. I would bet dollars to donuts that a cop wouldnt say a whole lot to you. No doubt the hotel isnt gonna care. Just something to think about.... honestly it wont really matter to me.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people just don't get it. Why the vandalism? What have you proven? That you are an idiot that care about now one but yourself.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism bbtoys, it pains me as much as it pain you to see this sort of activity. We too have some of the same problems that you speak of. What is the the answer to this problem? I don't know. Some say education others say a good A$$ whopping.
I am surprised and disappointed at some of the comments made on this thread. You know who you are so I won't name names. Lets clean up our acts people. Snowmobiling in the mountains is a privilege that can be easily taken away from us if we don't police ourselves.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people just don't get it. Why the vandalism? What have you proven? That you are an idiot that care about now one but yourself.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism bbtoys, it pains me as much as it pain you to see this sort of activity. We too have some of the same problems that you speak of. What is the the answer to this problem? I don't know. Some say education others say a good A$$ whopping.
I am surprised and disappointed at some of the comments made on this thread. You know who you are so I won't name names. Lets clean up our acts people. Snowmobiling in the mountains is a privilege that can be easily taken away from us if we don't police ourselves.

i agree. also i believe it is a nice privilage......not right.....to access the mountains and its a very appreciated convenience for me and my group when there is a cabin to warm up in or gather at....not all places have that..

too soon we all take for granted what is offered to us and consider it a right....... how many trips we made into the riding areas when the trails were not groomed and there were no cabins....... i gladly pay the trail fee, and appreciate the cabins , and because i belong to a club an am an active member, i now and appreciate all the work it takes to have the thing kept clean.....

how many times we have been to the cabins were there is writing on the wall.... isnt that what the sign in books for.....and speaking of that....cant anyone write between the lines......wtf......

come on fellow sledders we all hate being stereo typed....show some respect.....

enough ranting.....people....preserve what we have.......it will be the difference between using it or losing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was on renshaw on dec 4th 5th lot's of drinking and smoking going on in the cabin,we chose to warm up outside.

I was there on the 4th, lots of drinking didn't notice anyone smoking though. But don't spend much time in the cabin anyways. Usually never go in there unless it's a really cold day.

Just a note though, my buddy learned the hard way. 4 beers in 3 hours, he blew close but still under, but the cop pulled his lisence for 24 hours. Got lucky they just parked his truck right back in the parking lot and it was on a weekend. Like said, if they smell alcohol on you or ANYTHING they can take your lisence for 24 hours. I noticed it once driving after, 5 beers in 7 hours or so. I would definatly say my judgement was affected a bit, which is why if I drink anything I won't drive, I know I wouldn't blow over with that, but I still won't drive. I mean if it's one I will just wait like 2-3 hours.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok sorry bud, But you just lost all your credability in my books. Lets face it the cops shouldnt be an issue here cause people should realize they are dancing drunk with 150 horses strapped between their legs. Use your head. Us "Dweebs" Make up the majority of level headed sledders out there so your gonna have to suck it up. And no i have nothing against drinking, But as the guy before me said, there is a time and a place for everything,

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personaly never let sports get in the way of my drinkin and smokin(the good stuff)wether its sledin, quadin,baseball,golf or anyother fun stuff I doo,do I get gooned no,have I got buzzed yup,to me and my group its all part of the day out and man have we had some good laughs,we dont disrespect anyone or damage anyones stuff,are own once in awhile but thats were the laughs come in,so if you think Im a bad guy for doin what we do,thats fine by me the mountain are a big place so everyone should be able to stay away if you want but feel free to join in on the laughs and fun and you will see we are not that bad.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mountains are a big place so everyone should be able to stay away if you want.

Well said. I could careless if guys want to smoke whatever will light up, or fill a backpack full of booze and get totally fubared. But if that's your thing then stay away from the cabins; go find a bunch of trees somewhere secluded and get your mess on there. Leave the cabins to the responible riders. A beer or two for the whole day I don't see as a problem. But guys sitting in a cabin and pounding 5-6 beer, a couple taps out of random bottles, a few puffs on the twinkle stick; then rip the rope and go show everyone your new found skills is a recipe for a rescue mission. We were waiting for a chopper to come pick up an injured friend a few years ago at the Renshaw cabin when "Captain Reefer" decided to fire up and start mouthing off to us about how tough he was, and that he could ride out of there with a broken leg.:eek::rant: He almost got to prove it that day.:d

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry bud, But you just lost all your credability in my books. Lets face it the cops shouldnt be an issue here cause people should realize they are dancing drunk with 150 horses strapped between their legs. Use your head. Us "Dweebs" Make up the majority of level headed sledders out there so your gonna have to suck it up. And no i have nothing against drinking, But as the guy before me said, there is a time and a place for everything,
I'm not worried about what you think of me. Don't kid yourself that you are more "level-headed" than me, and don't assume that people that think like you are the majority. Your assumption that everyone that has a beer out there is drunk proves that you are actually quite narrow minded. I never once said driving around drunk on a sled is a smart thing, but you automatically assumed that. How do you know that the person that burned their name (and that is what this thread was supposed to be about until the "booze police" had to hijack the thread) in the cabin was drinking? DO YOU KNOW? I've seen many persons that do not drink that I wouldn't ride with because they have no respect for anyone but themselves. Does that mean that everyone that doesn't drink is like that? Obviously not. A person having a few beer on the mountain or in the cabin isn't harming you, as long as they take their garbage with them. If you're so worried about everyone else that you need to have the government everywhere to enforce you're view of things, maybe someone could put some soothers in the cabin for you.:nono:

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And another thing, who's gonna make me suck it up? You? Hence my earlier "rule the world" comment.

Last edited:

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not talking about the guys who have one or two beer. I have NO issue with that. Im refering to the guys ive seen myself, who just in the time im warming up in the cabin slammed back 6 or 7 beer. Those are the guys i have issue with.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not talking about the guys who have one or two beer. I have NO issue with that. Im refering to the guys ive seen myself, who just in the time im warming up in the cabin slammed back 6 or 7 beer. Those are the guys i have issue with.
Understood. Thanks. Neither myself or any of the guys I ride with can drink that fast anyway, nor want to, so we won't cause anyone any issues. I don't bring that much with me, weighs too much, need room for Gatorade, and too much dehydrates. I like just a few to wet the whistle and sit and look at the magnificent views. As usual, I think there are a small number that are a problem, I don't see the majority of sledders being the problem, hence my comment that I'd really hate to see cops in the mountains. I just want to be left alone once in awhile.

rgutmann

Reaction score
to all those peeps that feel the need to write on our cabin walls, a couple of thoughts.
1--who the ---- do you think has to clean and paint those walls. I know for a fact it will not be you and no, we don't get paid to spend a day of our time doing it.
2--I am sure you don't hand a guest that comes to your house a pen and point them to a wall in your home and tell them-have at er.

But most of all to the total loser that burnt his or her name or initial's in the ceiling of the renshaw cabin, you are one dumb--- and I hope if you don't like being named in public forum by myself you don't come back and ride here. You will be doing the rest of us a favor.
Rant over.
Well put, if only a person could catch these persons doing this. There always for some reason people with a lack of respect for other peoples property. Also the mess and garbage that is left for someone else to clean up. Let's all make a effort to help keep the cabins clean as for most of us we aren't around before the season opens to help with maintance and repairs.

Brad62

Reaction score
We were there from the 12 to the 15 and could not understand why someone would haul a paint can up the hill just to put their name up there. Until we looked closely. If he really had to burn his name in something he should have used his sleds hood. On the beer thing I am a guy who loves to have a couple through the day but got tired of carring them foamy beers around so instead now we leave a cooler in the trailer and have a couple hanging around in the parking lot loading up and BS'ing with the neighbours.

Top Bottom