cabins

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to all those peeps that feel the need to write on our cabin walls, a couple of thoughts.
1--who the ---- do you think has to clean and paint those walls. I know for a fact it will not be you and no, we don't get paid to spend a day of our time doing it.
2--I am sure you don't hand a guest that comes to your house a pen and point them to a wall in your home and tell them-have at er.

But most of all to the total loser that burnt his or her name or initial's in the ceiling of the renshaw cabin, you are one dumb--- and I hope if you don't like being named in public forum by myself you don't come back and ride here. You will be doing the rest of us a favor.
Rant over.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It was Ric wasn't it??????????

that bass-turd.........lol

Sorry I know it's no joke, unfortunately the world is full of losers who have no idea the work and sacrifice required to maintain the trail systems...pittyfull
If you find out who it is maybe next time while he's marking up the cabin you can paint his hood pink......

to all those peeps that feel the need to write on our cabin walls, a couple of thoughts.
1--who the ---- do you think has to clean and paint those walls. I know for a fact it will not be you and no, we don't get paid to spend a day of our time doing it.
2--I am sure you don't hand a guest that comes to your house a pen and point them to a wall in your home and tell them-have at er.

But most of all to the total loser that burnt his or her name or initial's in the ceiling of the renshaw cabin, you are one dumb--- and I hope if you don't like being named in public forum by myself you don't come back and ride here. You will be doing the rest of us a favor.
Rant over.

mcbride mountain sports

Reaction score

Rant over.
It is lack of respect for the sport and fellow sledders that someone would think of themselves as so much more important that they had to burn their name into the wood.These cabins were built by local volunteers, we did not get paid for our time,gas,food to go and spend hours in the frikken cold just to have you sign your name to it!! If anyone deserved to have their names displayed permanently it should be the volunteers>

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea i noticed that to ....Very dissapointed with some people GROW UP !!!!!!

Also another thing i noticed is the booze, there were a few guys sittin there that were just gettin drunk ...Im all for a beer but it shouldnt be allowed on the hill you need to be on your A game.

P.S i am Dez.M not the douch Dez.K who so eligantly spray panted his name on the renshaw cabin celing..... just incase anyone accidently made that connection :rant:

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the urge to let someone know you were there becomes overwhelming, Sign the book. Thats what its there for, and im siding with dez, when we were at Renshaw on the 12 i was in shock the amount of beer some guys were llitterally pounding it down.:nono::nono::nono:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Also another thing i noticed is the booze, there were a few guys sittin there that were just gettin drunk ...Im all for a beer but it shouldnt be allowed on the hill you need to be on your A game.

P.S i am Dez.M not the douch Dez.K who so eligantly spray panted his name on the renshaw cabin celing..... just incase anyone accidently made that connection :rant:

If you looked close DEZ,that wasn't spray paint,someone literally burnt his name in the ceiling.I think they should post when it's ,"Bring your reject sledding day",so we all can be aware when these idiots are around.
As for the drinking,all you can do is shake your head,and maybe educate....But really...who am I....:twocents:

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booze and... a number of times I have gone to the cabin to warm up and have had to leave with the Mushroom cloud coming out the door, there are a few things that do not belong any where near the sport and dope is one of them, sometimes it's scary heading up the trail and knowing that some idiot who just smoked a joint(s) is coming down the trail at you. Sometimes we wonder why people make the decisions they do while riding.... :rant:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

didn't assume it was you, knew it wasn't is more like it.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW i thought it was spray paint .......where are other people when people are vandalizing the cabin ... I know my crew would be kickin some butt if we cought someone doin that

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i noticed that on the ceiling this weekend. it was sad when our group went down the trail on saturday just when it was getting dark guys were going into the cabin with arm fulls of beer. and a couple times people smoking in the cabin when clearly there is no smoking signs posted everywhere.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booze and... a number of times I have gone to the cabin to warm up and have had to leave with the Mushroom cloud coming out the door, there are a few things that do not belong any where near the sport and dope is one of them, sometimes it's scary heading up the trail and knowing that some idiot who just smoked a joint(s) is coming down the trail at you. Sometimes we wonder why people make the decisions they do while riding.... :rant:

I would be telling them to remove themselves from the cabin or i'd do it myself. Kids go in there and there is PLENTY of no smoking signs. Not to mention it is illegal. Drinking beer is bad enough in there.

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Well maybe the RCMP parked just after the first bridge, pulling over sleds, checking for insurance,registration and maybe backpacks full of booze,would clean up some of riff raff and missbehavings going on at the cabin. I have seen the cops at Allen Creek years ago checking guys as they came back to the parking lot after they drank their dozen. :nono:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maybe the RCMP parked just after the first bridge, pulling over sleds, checking for insurance,registration and maybe backpacks full of booze,would clean up some of riff raff and missbehavings going on at the cabin. I have seen the cops at Allen Creek years ago checking guys as they came back to the parking lot after they drank their dozen. :nono:

it is unfortunate but it will most likely come to this. The whole thing here is if peeps don't start respecting our cabins they could eventually get shut down or worse with guys that burn names in ceilings, burnt down and there is no $$$$ to replace them. Respect other peoples property that is all we are asking the bad ones to do.
Will be painting the cabin and for all riders sakes I hope the walls stay free from grafity, becaise this is a one time deal. Will make sure that the book is there for you to write in.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be telling them to remove themselves from the cabin or i'd do it myself. Kids go in there and there is PLENTY of no smoking signs. Not to mention it is illegal. Drinking beer is bad enough in there.

You use the words kids? Are you refering to those under ? What age... Not looking to start a fight here but i have never seen a KID or younger person smoke in any cabin it it is those over 35 that i see doing it, same guys that are with the beers. I am a smoker not a drinker. Do i say anything No i do not, all i do is go outside and have a smoke. No im not a kid either but i dont like to see blame where is is not needed. Just my 2 cents

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You use the words kids? Are you refering to those under ? What age... Not looking to start a fight here but i have never seen a KID or younger person smoke in any cabin it it is those over 35 that i see doing it, same guys that are with the beers. I am a smoker not a drinker. Do i say anything No i do not, all i do is go outside and have a smoke. No im not a kid either but i dont like to see blame where is is not needed. Just my 2 cents

I think what was meant was the kids going in there are exposed to the smoke, not that they are the ones doing the smoking. I smoke but try not to subject non smokers to my habbit. I smoke outside always, we do not smoke in our house because we share our indoor air with our children.
I also drink beer..... I know this is a touchy subject and I've had discussions with other members who disagree with alcohol on the trails. It's been said that some people who see me with beer would not want to associate with me or stop to say hello, thats too bad because I'm a pretty good guy who enjoys a few beers throughout the day whether I'm on my quad or my sled......Guys who get hammered are a different story, but just because you see me having a beer don't "paint me with the same brush" as them..... Just a general statement.

I guess the self policing needs to be stepped up to deter the vandals.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what was meant was the kids going in there are exposed to the smoke, not that they are the ones doing the smoking. I smoke but try not to subject non smokers to my habbit. I smoke outside always, we do not smoke in our house because we share our indoor air with our children.
I also drink beer..... I know this is a touchy subject and I've had discussions with other members who disagree with alcohol on the trails. It's been said that some people who see me with beer would not want to associate with me or stop to say hello, thats too bad because I'm a pretty good guy who enjoys a few beers throughout the day whether I'm on my quad or my sled......Guys who get hammered are a different story, but just because you see me having a beer don't "paint me with the same brush" as them..... Just a general statement.

I guess the self policing needs to be stepped up to deter the vandals.

Thank You , i guess i read into it. I have no issues with guys and beers, i would never leave a man/woman because he/she was sauced or i could smell booze on him/her. Would i voice my feelings damn straight. :beer:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank You , i guess i read into it. I have no issues with guys and beers, i would never leave a man/woman because he/she was sauced or i could smell booze on him/her. Would i voice my feelings damn straight. :beer:

Yea that is what I ment, there is young kids in the cabins and shouldn't have to avoid going in there because people smoke in there. The beer part is a bit different, I mean if you have one on the hill all day whatever. I have once had one at renshaw right before the trail down but that is it. I won't dare have any when I am out in the hills, and have never had another one on the hill again, don't see the point. Just like the guys who will have them in the parking lot then drive. If i'm not driving I will have a few but if I am I won't touch any until my truck is parked for the night.

I think it will come to that, there is already checkstops outside the parking lots.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that is what I ment, there is young kids in the cabins and shouldn't have to avoid going in there because people smoke in there. The beer part is a bit different, I mean if you have one on the hill all day whatever. I have once had one at renshaw right before the trail down but that is it. I won't dare have any when I am out in the hills, and have never had another one on the hill again, don't see the point. Just like the guys who will have them in the parking lot then drive. If i'm not driving I will have a few but if I am I won't touch any until my truck is parked for the night.

I think it will come to that, there is already checkstops outside the parking lots.

I know that check stop will screw up a guys weekend and possibley alot more. So i will put this out there for all to read " IF I AM SLEDDING THE SAME AREA AS YOU AND YOU WANT TO DRINK. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE HAND ME YOUR KEYS AND I WILL GET YOU BACK. AND I WILL WALK TO WHERE I NEED TO GO" Be smart out there. Do not ruin your life cause you wanna be one of the boys

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. Let's get the cops into the mountains now because some of you self righteous dweebs don't like drinking. Why don't you all quit trying to rule the world

Top Bottom