C3 SyncroDrive System

BLEIB

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll know soon. I just installed it on my 2012 Pro RMK. Piece of cake to install and really like the tensioning system. The belt weighs next to nothing and is crazy thin being made of carbon fibre.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Yeah that could come in handy to. I kept mine basically stock. I'm very picky about how my sleds runs and rides so really looking forward to my first ride of the season. Should know immediately if it's any better. Even if it's the same... I get rid of that chain system which I honestly believe will be obsolete in the next 3-5 years.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about performance but heard of a few failures as well.
I'd like to put one on my Doo when I get it after I get it broke in.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Interesting... What kind of failures?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i couldnt really see any savings or added bouns for the cost

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Brother rides with it on his 09 xp. I rode it, more responsive. Belts are 40 something dollars, lot less pricy than blowing a chain through the case. Extra belt, pop it on, 3 min flip over. We rode hard and long for a week straight in -39 degree Celsius ( I thought it would fail under cold). And it ran perfect, he rides hard and flat out all the time. Best thing about it is it has a little supercharger whine when you're riding!

Great mod, have one ordered for my 12 proclimb.

CO2.0

Reaction score
I weighed the parts for the 2012 Pro RMK.

Chaincase parts taken off weigh - 5lbs 6oz + ~8oz of chain oil = 5lbs 14oz
C3 Belt drive parts weight - 3 lbs

Total weight loss of 2lbs 14oz

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I weighed the parts for the 2012 Pro RMK.

Chaincase parts taken off weigh - 5lbs 6oz + ~8oz of chain oil = 5lbs 14oz
C3 Belt drive parts weight - 3 lbs

Total weight loss of 2lbs 14oz

It may be lighter but Im not convinced its more efficient.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran it all last winter on my 12 etec...we have 3 of them in our group and they worked awesome. Throttle response is much quicker sled seemed to pull a bit better in the deep stuff and no issues with any of ours. That being said I'm still not convinced its the best bang for your buck.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may be lighter but Im not convinced its more efficient.
How could it be less efficient, It has less rotating mass, since the belts dont need to run in such a deep grove to not slip the pulleys are more circular, which should help, and your not moving oil which would cause resistance.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting... What kind of failures?
Just a couple belts and one guy lost a bearing in one of the idler's on his '10. Nothing major.
I guess if a guy packs a spare belt that should be all he would need from what I hear.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Regarding the bearings after you remove and cleanup the empty chain case... don't skip greasing the sealed bearings. Basically the only lubrication I could see was the chain oil itself. I pried off the seal with a tiny screw driver and greased them up with a needle tip on a grease gun. Surprising how much grease they actually took. I'll be adding this to my annual maintenance.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ
Top Bottom